• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 12-6-14

drjeff

About 1.5" of snow fell overnight before the rain and freezing rain started and I awoke to a crusty snow surface and de-icing lift holds in the AM - Put on all the goretex I owned and headed out and was greeted with a great cream cheese like surface where groomed and a light crust over the 1.5" of "powder" that fell - the Bluebird once it started spinning made 12 of my 15 runs much more enjoyable and why I like skiing in the rain! Light crowds and soft snow! :)

Cornhead

Skied in the rain today myself, could've used a bubble chair, that's the shitty part of rain skiing. Love the soft snow, and next to no one on the hill. Never skied Mt Snow, driven past a few times, one of these days.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

drjeff

I notice there's no 12-7 report after it froze back up. :)

17 fast laps on the Bluebird between 8AM and 11:30 - As I told my wife when I got back to our condo (she took today off as she's coming down with a cold/flu) - It was better than I expected given the flash freeze over night, but in the big scheme of things, today won't go down as a memorable day in my '14-'15 season ;)

603Skier

Anybody going to mt Snow today or tomorrow? Looking for a report. Might head that direction on Sat. Looks like that is where the goods will be.