• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Weekend

RustyGroomer

Magic is still planning on opening the 20th. This should be an awesome start. Again, not my pic. JR's keg cam again.
1924344_10203271834616947_8580885106290727749_n.jpg
& direct from Magic. Slow due to power outage
1526121_10152406235752038_2125373574635566414_n.jpg

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

I thought about this seeing it is founders day. Will it be crowded?

My wife and I went last year, and I think we might have waited 10 minutes for the bluebird. Other lifts were more like ski-on. It was really cold, so probably kept people away. I'm guessing the new snow and mild temps will cause it to be busier tomorrow. I'm not worried about it, though. Since it will be David's first day this year, we won't get a full day anyway...

If you go, you need to buy tix 24 hours in advance, and there is a limited #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Rex

Scotty, it doesn't look like Platty is going to have much open. Too far of a drive for so little. Later in the season I'll get out there for sure. I want to do a Gore/Whiteface trip too, since I haven't been to those places either.

abc

Scotty, it doesn't look like Platty is going to have much open. Too far of a drive for so little.
I noticed that too, not much open yet.

Pico is also a potential, with the special. But I'm also wondering about how much will be open. It's a long drive, so I would only go if there's enough terrain open.

reefer

Magic is still planning on opening the 20th. This should be an awesome start. Again, not my pic. JR's keg cam again.
1924344_10203271834616947_8580885106290727749_n.jpg
& direct from Magic. Slow due to power outage
1526121_10152406235752038_2125373574635566414_n.jpg

Sweet, hope it sticks around. Skied on a lot less up there.........................
Can't make the opening on the 20th, but I will be up on the 21st!

bigbog

Maybe after lunch BLR.
Me: grey helmet, old red TNF jacket, black pants..5'8", ~180..by noon;-)
You pick a time and place...remember it's day #1 for me...with very few skidays the last 5 yrs..;-)

podunk77

Bought $12 Founders Day tickets to Mount Snow for Friday, then staying overnight in Rutland and hitting Pico Saturday. Possibility of staying overnight again and hitting Dartmouth Skiway on Sunday, but their website doesn't shed much light on what will be open and I'm not sure my early season legs can handle 3 days in a row.

ScottySkis

Platty Blockbuster might be closed Saturday I hope the double chair is close I be happy to hike over their. I have a feeling Platty will be more terrain open then any recent opening for them in several years.
I waiting to Sunday for Platty off to take run s at Hunter with others from A zone.

Last edited:

JDMRoma

I just got the day off tomorrow, so Im in for Bretton woods on Friday and hitting Cannon on Saturday ........Sunday is still up in the air !

yeggous

I just got the day off tomorrow, so Im in for Bretton woods on Friday and hitting Cannon on Saturday ........Sunday is still up in the air !

Don't tempt me with Bretton Woods tomorrow. I think I'm going back to Wildcat tomorrow. They stayed snow for a lot longer during this last storm. They have killer deep base, and it is has a super high water content. It's the kind of snow where the tracks in the snow glow blue.

JDMRoma

I'm at BW if you decided to not go to the cat !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

C-Rex

I'm going for the 2fer at Killington Saturday. Looks like they have a lot open and their facebook post mentioned glades opening too. That's what I'm talkin 'bout!!!

If anyone is going to be there, look for my jacket and say hey. We'll grab a beer at the umbrella bar, if it's open.

Tin

I'm going for the 2fer at Killington Saturday. Looks like they have a lot open and their facebook post mentioned glades opening too. That's what I'm talkin 'bout!!!

If anyone is going to be there, look for my jacket and say hey. We'll grab a beer at the umbrella bar, if it's open.

It is going to be an absolute mad house there Saturday. Depending what Pico opens with I would almost go there. They have better glades that havent been touched and $25. Spots in the Canyon area were already dirt and ice just after the storm on Wednesday.

Highway Star

Never too early to start thinking about the weekend. Puckit got me fired up with that Cannon vid. For me road trip to see the daughter in Vermont Saturday and the boy in NH Sunday. Not quite sure where I'll be either day yet but Sunday leaning toward Bretton or Cannon (If summit open). Open to any and all suggestions.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Clearly you should hit up Cannon. If you want, I can post up a map of all the secret stashes for you to check out.

Highway Star

It is going to be an absolute mad house there Saturday. Depending what Pico opens with I would almost go there. They have better glades that havent been touched and $25. Spots in the Canyon area were already dirt and ice just after the storm on Wednesday.

Pico sucks, why would you go there? There will be like 3 trails open. Killington will be far better. Totally serious.

mriceyman

Pico sucks, why would you go there? There will be like 3 trails open. Killington will be far better. Totally serious.

Get over it .. Holy shit you get more annoying by the day

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone