• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mid-Fat All Mountain ski?

Tin

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys!

BG I'm a little concerned with the fact that Line is known to have product quality issues (Sidewalls toast after one season etc), but your description is exactly what I am looking for. How long have you owned Prophet's and how are they holding up?

Mishka: What does tail rocker do exactly? Does it liven up the ski a little more?

The newer sidewall design is great. I have 20 days on my Influence 105s and they are holding up great. Mine only issue is the tips because I ski tight and they chip. You can get the 105 for under $300 and it is my daily driver. Don't fear 100+ waist. The three pairs of Lines I've skied on the one thing I will say is you really have to be in the front to control them. Go neutral and you're hanging on in the back. I also loved the Prophet's when I rode them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I still think its a matter of preference on waist size. I enjoyed my 107 Vagabonds in everything Killington threw at them last weekend, but on a packed snow day like that I'd have enjoyed my 84 Fischer's better. Quicker in bumps, more race like performance on groomed terrain getting to and from where you are going.

Its all a matter of personal preference, but I still think for the average working stiff new Englander who can't chase storms, the best dimensions for a daily driver is in the 85-90 range, 130-35 tip, slight tip rocker, wood torsion box sidewall construction. If you like bumps - no metal; spend more time carving add metal.

That's what I'll be looking for anyways when I wear out my Motives

drjeff

Would like to demo that one....saw at a shop down in Freeport.

Just be prepared to plunk the credit card down for a pair if and when you demo them! ;) I'm loving this ski more and more every day I'm on them, and while I haven't skied in in DEEP powder yet, I haven't found a snow surface yet (hard pack, post freezing rain crust, wet snow, fresh sloppy manmade base snow, cord, soft chop, and even about 4-6" of untracked powder) that they don't perform well in! Easily the best "1 ski quiver" ski that I've ever skied