• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback Maine Opening Day - December 13

salsgang

If you are in Maine tomorrow go to Saddleback. Best opening day I have ever experienced. We were finding untracked at 3pm like my son is doing in the pic. It will be good tomorrow too. I will write up a more detailed trip report tomorrow but wanted to share...

7VGfp.jpg

salsgang

Trip report up on the blog. The short version - really, really good. We were finding untracked off the NW pass all day. 8" plus on solid base put the glades into mid-winter form. Lines were short, temps moderate in the 20's and snowed most of the day. More words, pics and video on the blog.

From the sounds of it it looks like it was stellar all over Northern New England which is awesome. I hope a bunch of you were able to get out there and get some.

Here is the trails skied in the video with times.

0:20 sec Royal Coachman
0:40 sec Golden Smelt
1:00 Jane Craig
1:10 Glade Left of Jane Craig
1:50 Nightmare Glade
2:50 Intimidator Glade
3:25 Governor
4:30 Nightmare Glade

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2014/12/saddleback-stellar-opening-day-december.html

frapcap

Man, I need to get out there this year. Maybe before the summit!

salsgang

Cornhead

Wooly Bugger looks great, one of these days I will ski Saddleback when the upper mountain is open, I've been thwarted a couple times. Won't happen this year, no AZ Summit for me, going West instead, maybe next year.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

salsgang

We will be attacking Saddleback tomorrow. Hope to get some runs in Wolly Bugger and will write it up. Hope everyone can get out this weekend while the getting is good! Not liking this Xmas storm!