• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saturday after Christmas

WWF-VT

So was sugarbush not good today at all?

Groomers were Ok. I skied Rim Run, Elbow, Cruiser and Crackerjack at Mt Ellen. They are blowing snow on Rim Run and Cruiser has snowmaking whales that should get groomed tonight. At Lincoln Peak Snowball and Spring Fling were better than expected. The snow guns were going on Jester and Organgrinder. Birch Run had huge whales that are expected to be groomed. The snow has dried out and the temps are colder so there will be an aggressive grooming plan going into this weekend. I avoided any natural snow trails. Castlerock chair was spinning but I saw no one up there.

medfordmike

http://skiwildcat.com/snow-report.html

Pretty honest and terrible snow report from Wildcat. I was thinking of heading up there Sunday, but we'll have to see how(if!) things soften in the next couple of days to make it worth it. Personally, I think they're crazy charging full Holiday rates for basically 2 trails from the mid-mountain and the beginner area. Not that the weather they have been handed is their fault. I just know if I spent $75 on that, I'd feel a little ripped off.

In the same category as honest this was on Cannon's Facebook page yesterday "OK, so...if we had a dome, we'd have closed it. But we don't. What we do have are snowmakers and groomers in the house firing it up and grooming it up. Our natural snow trails and glades will likely drop off the map for now, but we plan to have 33 trails to start the day on Friday from top to bottom and that number will likely grow into next week as favorable snowmaking temps settle in. We also have a sweet ticket deal for you this weekend".

Brad J

Skied Wildcat today a slow start with only the Tomcat chair running , they opened Quad after coffee lynx skied pretty good,little choppy on steeper sections, Natural snow trails still had coverage for the most part, but was the surface was like the moon only harder. they were grooming Catapult and Bobcat today. I am sure it will ski much better tomorrow.

rocks860

Groomers were Ok. I skied Rim Run, Elbow, Cruiser and Crackerjack at Mt Ellen. They are blowing snow on Rim Run and Cruiser has snowmaking whales that should get groomed tonight. At Lincoln Peak Snowball and Spring Fling were better than expected. The snow guns were going on Jester and Organgrinder. Birch Run had huge whales that are expected to be groomed. The snow has dried out and the temps are colder so there will be an aggressive grooming plan going into this weekend. I avoided any natural snow trails. Castlerock chair was spinning but I saw no one up there.

Well it looks like this is where I'm headed tomorrow since it doesn't sound like any place else is any better. If anyone else is there I'll be wearin Orange pants and a green jacket with a red helmet

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any sign of guns firing Brad? For as quick of a start Wildcat got this year, it seems like the snowmaking momentum slowed a bit in December.

Brad J

Any sign of guns firing Brad? For as quick of a start Wildcat got this year, it seems like the snowmaking momentum slowed a bit in December.

They were working on the lynx guns,Nothing running as of 3;30, they had huge whales on Catapult, Bobcat, started to blow on Gondiline, before rain , It will not take much to get the mountain in good shape with a little cold weather and mother nature providing some fluff to the natural snow trails , the rain was most unfortunate, it was skiing like early February before that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Oh good. I must have missed the snow reports outlining all those trails getting gun love. Seemed like they were stuck on Lynx, Polecat and Upper Catapult still. May make it up there Sunday yet.