• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/21 Storm Speculation

lstone84

Euro showing a bomb next weekend:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418587840.338041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

flightschool

Wow, lets hope some cold air returns. A good cold storm could make for some amazing early season skiing up north.

lstone84

Way too early to tell a week away. The Euro has been good with storms this year (and it's just the best medium range model in general), so when it shows a big storm, even a week out, it's worth careful watching. This is in no way a slam dunk, but the Euro showing a big storm is better than it showing nothing.

lstone84

And just like that it's out to seaImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418671346.712040.jpg

hammer

Can we have the title changed to "21 December Storm Speculation Thread"?

Hope the timing works out OK, going to be a potential mess traffic-wise with the last minute Christmas stuff going on. Bring it on...

catsup948

Can we have the title changed to "21 December Storm Speculation Thread"?

Hope the timing works out OK, going to be a potential mess traffic-wise with the last minute Christmas stuff going on. Bring it on...

Give this a couple more days of model runs. If it's crushing Berkshire East as modeled last night on Thursday I'll start a new thread!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Note the block over Greenland and the possibility of a -NAO...:snow:

Yes.

nao.sprd2.gif