• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pop-under ad

Greg

Staff member
Stephen said:
Anyone getting a pop-under ad when visiting this site? I get one the first time I visit every day.
No way. It's not caused by AlpineZone. I can assure you. I pride myself on limited advertising and the only available ad options are listed here:

http://www.alpinezone.com/advertising.htm

Can you replicate this on a daily basis?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Stephen,
Do you use IE? If so, you may have one of those annoying little trojan-horse-like things that install themselves into IE and watch where you go, attempting to give you ads that relate to where you're surfing.

Something like Ad Aware will clean it up for you (free for non-commercial use).

Greg

Staff member
Ad Aware is a good tool. Also, be aware that sometimes pop-unders/ups appear as you leave a site. Are you consistently visiting another site before this one?

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I'll try and track it better.

I suspected the trojan but ad aware has not found anything.

It always seemd to happen here, so I wantd to rule out the site to see if anyone else has experienced it.

AZ is usually my firsst visit of the day... so that eliminates leaving a site. (My homepage is an interal page here at work, so unless THAT got hacked... but I can find that out easily enough.)

-Stephen

coberg

Website
www.hike-nh.com
Never get a pop under ad. I think the folks above have covered this pretty well. I use AdWare, just to chime in.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
maybe update your ref file for ad-aware? i use ad-aware in conjunction with norton anti-virus and am adware free. i did have to run the two programs in safe mode to eliminate a particularly nasty bug i had last month.