• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 12/14/14 was well,.......................MAGIC!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Was bummed you all weren't open this weekend. Looks great. On a side note we parked right next to this Magic Ski School instructor named Rich at Killington yesterday. I split a twofer coupon with him. Quite the character.

Tin

That just made my day better. Awesome stuff. How long does it take you guys to get up there? Trees are looking a little....strained?

RustyGroomer

About an hour Tin? Faster if needed but it was just perfect weather yesterday so we just strolled up slowly. Ran into these guys. Awesome.
10696245_10205718847634105_3640608603795917241_n.jpg

prsboogie

RG the skiing looks great, those Danes are awesome too. I had a female for 81/2 years. Great friends!

slatham

Beautiful. Thanks for posting Greg. From the video it LOOKs like the entire mountain, save the steepest stuff, could be open. Is that so? Hopefully this base and the coming weather sets Magic up for a Magical Christmas!

RustyGroomer

Beautiful. Thanks for posting Greg. From the video it LOOKs like the entire mountain, save the steepest stuff, could be open. Is that so? Hopefully this base and the coming weather sets Magic up for a Magical Christmas!
EVERYTHING could be open. I have never seen snow stick like this. Didn't come close to hitting anything underneath. The only real problem is some hanging trees. Not too big a deal. Hoping they get a good work week in.

slatham

Just realized that was Magician on the first drop in. Looks like a solid coating of man made snow its so dense. Put some pow on top and look out!

RustyGroomer

That is indeed Magician. Even the "tombstones" (big rocks) are all covered up. Unreal for this time of year. Really any time of year for that matter. Like glue. Perfect early season storm.

Savemeasammy

That is better coverage on Magician than the day we poached it. Damn.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app