• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 12-12-14 to 12-14-14

tekweezle

ISkied at Stratton from Friday to Sunday.

Conditions were packed powder and machine groomed, chopped up ice, light layer of powder and loose snow. It had snowed about 3 feet of snow in the past 3 weeks starting from Thanksgiving. We got about 18 inches from the latest nor Easter storm with the last remnants falling on the way up. Fortunately, Temps remained below freezing instead of warming up and lack of hurricane like winds as it usually accompanies any snow we get at this mountain. As a result, mid winter coverage all around. Limited to 3 lifts though since it was preseason still and sunbowl area was closed.

Friday had more wind chill and poor visibility high up. Saturday was calm but overcast. Sun peaked out on Sunday.

I had a season pass but my friend bought the 99$ launch pass good to 12-19. Pretty good deal as he was able to ski 3 days at 33$ per day.

The new gondola is a mess though. Holds less people due to smaller benches, ski carriers on outside door malfunctioning, constantly delayed due to wind hold(the car's profile is taller and flatter so not very aerodynamic). Needs improvement.

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G

Last edited:

tekweezle

View of North American trail-closed for racing most of the weekend

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418746827130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418746827130.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 53

tekweezle

Not bad coverage for December!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk