• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stingiest midweek operators?

Jully

Saddleback can't have bad lines, can they?

Saddleback on the weekends can get pretty rough lines on the double and occasionally on Kennebago midday, upwards of 20 minutes on the double plus ten minute long ride and a ten minute wait for the quad, but that's only on a few Saturdays every season, 5 or 7 days max in February and early March when they do big demo or event days. Sundays and most Saturdays under a 5 minute wait and midweek / late season you'll ski right on every lift

AdironRider

I really have a hard time believing a legitimate 20 minute wait at Saddleback on any day of the ski season.

Maybe it felt like it.

chuckstah

Even the train was closed today. The operator was unloading the gondy!
(At Loon)

Last edited:

moguler6

Bear mountain quad at Killington. Lots of people I ski with are pissed about this. Personally I like it. It may take
longer to ski over there from Skye but you get the place to yourself.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I really have a hard time believing a legitimate 20 minute wait at Saddleback on any day of the ski season.

Maybe it felt like it.

Only I time I went was a Saturday after a rain event. Rangeley line was 15 minutes for sure that day.

steamboat1

Killington was very unstingy yesterday by running the needles eye chair, OL chair, and CQ which normally don't run midweek
Canyon quad runs every Mon, Wed, Fri. the past few years. Bear closed Wed. had cover but conditions were much better in other areas plus not to many people over there. Needle's ran everyday this week, Plenty of snow (natural & manmade) top to bottom on Vertigo, Panic Button, Needles & Cruise Control. Why wouldn't they run the Needle's chair? Something broke on North Ridge chair Tues. afternoon. They were working on it all day yesterday (Wed.) grinding & welding on the top bull wheel. It was running today but something didn't sound quite right at the top terminal.

Last edited:

puckoach

They sure are a money machine. I wonder what percentage of Loonies are pass holders. I'm sure they get a lot of traffic due to it's convenience from Boston. $$ talks.

Having been forced into the Gondola by the weekday closure of 7 Brothers, I have had many discussions with other skiers just as un-happy as I. Our "class" of customer is full price, or multi-day weekday buyer.

Closing a lift saves about the retail cost of about 4 tickets per day.

My contribution to reduced ticket sales for this season will be 28 full day mid-week. Group going elsewhere.

skiur

Having been forced into the Gondola by the weekday closure of 7 Brothers, I have had many discussions with other skiers just as un-happy as I. Our "class" of customer is full price, or multi-day weekday buyer.

Closing a lift saves about the retail cost of about 4 tickets per day.

My contribution to reduced ticket sales for this season will be 28 full day mid-week. Group going elsewhere.

Where are your facts for this? between electric and lifties alone you would have to be over the cost of 4 tickets.

ceo

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Cannon not running the tramway midweek. Though that only loses Tramline and Kinsman Glade, which aren't open much anyway.

EDIT: Maybe it's because they aren't doing that anymore, if their trail and lift report is to be believed.

Last edited:

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Cannon not running the tramway midweek. Though that only loses Tramline and Kinsman Glade, which aren't open much anyway.

EDIT: Maybe it's because they aren't doing that anymore, if their trail and lift report is to be believed.
The "E" Lift (the one that goes up "Profile") gives full access to the upper mountain.

Cannonball

Definitely have wanted to mention it in this thread. But it's been discussed so much in the past it just feels like a broken record. It's not so much about lack of access to terrain, it's about the ease and speed of access. I would ride the tram all day. It makes for some of the best T2B skiing in New England. But honestly, many (most?) Cannon regulars don't feel that way. SIKSKIER has explained his dislike of the tram in the past and I think his feelings on it are pretty much the norm.