• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fung Wah is baaaaak!

ctenidae

I love the slant on the article, for sure. Fung Wah was shut down because of government ineptitude and bureaucratic entanglements, not because drivers didn't have licenses, the buses liked to catch on fire, and the company's theme song was "The wheels on the bus keep falling off, falling off, falling off..."

drjeff

Time to re-equip the car with the industrial strength external mounted fire extinguisher for when I see one of them flaming away in the toll booth lane at the top of I-84 waiting to get on/off the Mass Pike ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I love the slant on the article, for sure. Fung Wah was shut down because of government ineptitude and bureaucratic entanglements, not because drivers didn't have licenses, the buses liked to catch on fire, and the company's theme song was "The wheels on the bus keep falling off, falling off, falling off..."

Wow, was that article written by Mr. Fung Wah himself?

Geoff

Why would I care? Megabus has a Boston South Station/NYC route. When I'm going that direction, I'm always headed to Long Island so I just grab a rental car and drive since I'd need a rental car when I got there anyways.

I use the Dartmouth Coach bus service between Boston and Lebanon, NH in the spring and fall when I'm repositioning cars. Vermont brought subsidized service back between Rutland and White River Junction/Hanover/Dartmouth-Hitchcock so, in theory, I can catch a 10:55am bus at the bottom of the Killington Access Road, transfer at Hanover Inn and South Station, and get to my Massholia house completely by public transportation.

AdironRider

I got a hummer on the Chinatown bus on a high school trip once. For nostalgia alone this is awesome.

But like hell I'd get on one today, as an adult, that actually thinks things through.

ctenidae

I got a hummer on the Chinatown bus on a high school trip once. For nostalgia alone this is awesome.

But like hell I'd get on one today, as an adult, that actually thinks things through.

I note that logic does not preclude getting the aforementioned hummer, however.