• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington this weekend??

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
You guys really suck at trying to insult somebody. It's like you're yelling "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I!!!" Found this picture of you:

stock-photo-sorrowful-young-teenager-crying-on-gray-background-124392493.jpg
Brilliant.

First PBR is on me at the Umbrella Bar tomorrow...

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
U-Bars weren't open during the week & they weren't open the weekend before when I skied there so I don't know if they'll be open this weekend. I'd recommend Fiddlehead which they have on tap at both the Peak Lodge & Mahogany Ridge in K-1 Lodge.

I do enjoy me some fiddlehead... Just talked to Wayne... Umbrella should be open tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

View attachment 14717

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
So how'd you like the food in the Peak Lodge? That is where your picture is taken from right. I find it very good but they hiked their prices substantially over what they were charging for the same food last year.I get a 10% discount on food with my pass but even then it's still pricey. I read over on K-Zone that Double Dipper is skiing great today with the new snowmaking on it. I'd head over there for a run if you haven't already.

Edd

First time I've clicked onto this thread. Not what I expected. I've never tried that peak lodge but I should check it out. Never been to Loon's summit lodge either. Nice pic.

abc

How are the woods? Dust on crust? Or the dreaded breakable crust?

I have plan to go up there to x-c ski in that area. That would basically mean natural trail of mellow angles. But xc skis have fimsy edges. So I'm trying to draw some inference to what condition I would see in natural trails in the woods.

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
How are the woods? Dust on crust? Or the dreaded breakable crust?

I have plan to go up there to x-c ski in that area. That would basically mean natural trail of mellow angles. But xc skis have fimsy edges. So I'm trying to draw some inference to what condition I would see in natural trails in the woods.

Last weekend was great... woods were still skiable and relatively nice... word from today is the conditions are... less than stellar.

@steamboat1 - sorry I missed you! My phone died and didnt ski Sunday. Anyhow 1) the food was great and the beer was cold 2) be back to ski on NYE. Let me know if you'll be around!