• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - Mt Ellen 12/19

rocojerry

The clouds on the summit and mountain finally lifted a bit in the afternoon for a few shots above the clouds....
attachment.php

Dabbled in the glades a bit, some things still lurk below -- but the mountain looks great all around...
attachment.php

my brother chris slaying the pow-pow
attachment.php

the north chair, collecting base readings... its about that deep everywhere natural.. in drifts, its deeper... on the groomers, it was pretty firm today..
attachment.php

Trail of the the day:
Upper FIS

Runner up:
Every other trail - Exterminator, Bravo, Elbow, Looking good, Tumbler, Which Way, Brambles, Semi-Tough

Loser:
lower mountain groomers

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Question: why is North Ridge Express not running? (Do I dare guess that it was a lift issue?)

tumbler

Yes it is. Capital improvements not completed yet. Hopefully done and inspected this week according to Win.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The clouds on the summit and mountain finally lifted a bit in the afternoon for a few shots above the clouds....
attachment.php

Dabbled in the glades a bit, some things still lurk below -- but the mountain looks great all around...
attachment.php

my brother chris slaying the pow-pow
attachment.php

the north chair, collecting base readings... its about that deep everywhere natural.. in drifts, its deeper... on the groomers, it was pretty firm today..
attachment.php

Trail of the the day:
Upper FIS

Runner up:
Every other trail - Exterminator, Bravo, Elbow, Looking good, Tumbler, Which Way, Brambles, Semi-Tough

Loser:
lower mountain groomers

I take it that Lower FIS is not open?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

I have no skin in the game.

Likewise, but it also could read as though if it WERE open, that it would have been as good as the rest of FIS, and therefore it must have been closed... I have yet to ski FIS, so I don't really have any context.

I guess it depends on how you look at it!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Instead of asking if it's open or not, you implied it's never open.

I have no skin in the game. But just giving you what a stranger would read from your lines.

That's not my intent at all. The reason why it is phrased that way is because his TR did not mention it.

steamboat1

My comment was related to the other Sugarbush thread about the North Ridge chair not running & who Win chose to repair it. Taken together I found TB's comments to be negative. As you know I've been negative about Sugarbush in the past too so coming from me I wouldn't think much of it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
My comment was related to the other Sugarbush thread about the North Ridge chair not running & who Win chose to repair it. Taken together I found TB's comments to be negative. As you know I've been negative about Sugarbush in the past too so coming from me I wouldn't think much of it.

I'm indeed concerned about the way things have been going with one of my favorite ski areas and home for a long time.

But this is a trip report and I'd prefer we focus on that. Let's keep the general SB discussion in that thread.