Radical places to ride Sugarloaf on a powder day

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Radical places to ride Sugarloaf on a powder day

So I'm going up to Sugarloaf this January with a bunch of friends and none of us have ever been there. Naturally we're praying for snow every day, so if anyone can give me some ol'e tips on where to ride on a powder day that would be greaaaaat. We thoroughly enjoy the trees, and the more pillows, cliffs, and natural thangz to jump off of the better. I CANT WAIT.

rad_6.jpg
    Ideally, we'd like to be as stoked as these guys. Except on snowboards.

Cheers

If you're looking for on the map, you might come across a kind sole on here that will help you out. If you''re looking for off the map, good luck. Pray someone sends you a PM because no one's gonna discuss any off-map stuff on a public ski forum.

And those pictures of "stoke" are... ugh.
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by wshaw View Post
    So I'm going up to Sugarloaf this January with a bunch of friends and none of us have ever been there. Naturally we're praying for snow every day, so if anyone can give me some ol'e tips on where to ride on a powder day that would be greaaaaat. We thoroughly enjoy the trees, and the more pillows, cliffs, and natural thangz to jump off of the better. I CANT WAIT.

Ideally, we'd like to be as stoked as these guys. Except on snowboards.

Cheers
    try anything skiers right of king pine lift

How is the hike from the king pine chair lift to the top of Burnt Mountain?

One run a day.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

snowshoes? is there a trail?

I've been in Brakett Basin before it was opened, but never climbed up to Burnt Mt. Check out the link below...

http://sugarloaf.com/media-room/pres...untain-opening
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Is there really anything a secret at Sugarloaf anymore? Brackett, Burnt, and the backside are all inbounds

Items for Sale
    wshaw...need to stick to the meds a king pine hike to Burnt and back = hours(I'd guess).
    Brackett, if I'm not mistaken, is open.. I've been absent a lot in the past decade, but on the west end...King's Landing is a nice trail to hit.
    Agree on east of janski on skier's right off King Pine. Ripsaw can be a terrific time...(by memory 4+yrs).
    Think they often leave portion of Competition Hill ungroomed on a pow day..but just about anything mid-mountain has enough cover now.
    Agree with MMW....and I don't know what%
    Last edited by bigbog; Dec 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM.
    SteveD

Thread Information