• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday Jan 2, 2015 Will be Extremely Busy

catskills

I predict that Friday Jan 2, 2015 will be extremely busy, unless it rains. If it snows Jan 1 and blue sky Jan 2, then it will be the perfect storm.

Take a day off and ski now just before Christmas when the slopes are empty. The day after Christmas forget about it. New Years day and Sunday Jan 4 will be less busy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Smellytele

I was planning on skiing Tuesday at Sugarbush but not now with what the weather is going to be. Now I am just going to go out and take some runs this afternoon at Pats Peak.
The day after Christmas will not be as busy as you think. With all the niar coming it will scare many away including myself. I probably will not ski until after New Year's day after today.

mriceyman

Lol thats my first day out for year.. At least ill only be at k lol.. Hitting pico on the 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mriceyman

And the last 2 years ive had 7/8 mini trips become pow trips.. Lucky you cAn say

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

This just in. Ski areas get busy during holiday periods. You heard it here first, and it's an exclusive.

I'm screwed for ski days this year. Only 3 on snow and I won't be back until 2015. At least there's always booze.

Tin

Given the weather and crowds not much of a point in skiing until after the new year for me. Rather spend time getting work done so I can play when the snow comes.

abc

This just in. Ski areas get busy during holiday periods. You heard it here first, and it's an exclusive.
LOL

the news is the 'extremely' part. And it's a 'perfect storm' only happening this year ;) :smash:

Last edited:

rocks860

It was "extremely busy" last year on January 2nd. Not news

I was okemo that day last year and it was basically a blizzard, place was packed

Last edited:

WWF-VT

Given the weather and crowds not much of a point in skiing until after the new year for me. Rather spend time getting work done so I can play when the snow comes.

Hope you didn't miss all the snow and great conditions we have already had this year while you wait for the snow to come in January.

drjeff

Hope you didn't miss all the snow and great conditions we have already had this year while you wait for the snow to come in January.

+1

The last 2 Saturdays in particular have been amazing!! Temps in the mid 20's, crystal clear deep blue sky, light winds and true mid winter snow conditions! And all the folks who think that skiing/riding can't be any good before Christmas weren't on the hill! Nope, skiing/riding can't be any good before Christmas! ;)

hammer

+1

Have plans for Killington on the 11th, would like to get another trip out before then but we're way behind on house stuff. Hard to make skiing a priority when the weather is like this.

chuckstah

I plan on Sugarloaf Jan 1 and 2. Dont expect it to be crazy busy. For whatever reason my midweek pass is good those 2 days next week.