• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Monadnock 2-3-07 -- One year of Thumbs up

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
Date(s) Hiked: 2-3-07

Trails(s) Hiked: Halfway House, White Arrow

Total Distance: ~4

Difficulty: Hard

Conditions: Icy, windy, cold

Special Required Equipment: Stabilicers are, I’m afraid.. A must on this one.. (Unless you feel like spending tons of time on the technical parts)

Trip Report:

This trip was to commemorate one year since I started that awful thumbs up pose on mountain tops. At least I gained some notoriety from it! Basically I retraced my first hike up Monadnock which was on Super Bowl Sunday ’06… Not the most exciting thing in the world, but hey.. I got some nice views!

White Arrow was an Icy nightmare most of the way up, especially below the tree line, so traction would be a good idea. Winds weren’t bad until the tip top which is pretty normal on Monadnock so far as I have noticed. Views were good (could see Boston anyways) but The Whites were hard to see.

Pics and report here: http://www.hoosactunnel.net/nonhoosac/NH/Monadnock070203/

P2030085_t.jpg