• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gas.... < $2/gal

chuckstah

Bump

Just paid $1.99 at Costco in Danvers, MA. First time under $2 in a while. It is still 20-30 cents more than that insouthern NH near me.

gmcunni

nice. i hadn't really been paying attention to gas prices, i think i saw 2.55 in CT today and thought that was pretty good.

jimk

I bought it for $2.35 yesterday in close-in VA suburbs to DC. Two nearby smaller nearby VA cities I know to be quite cheap locations for gas are Fredericksburg and Charlottesville. Gas buddy says they are in the low $1.90s and high $1.80s respectively.

By the way, I found an old note I had about the last time we had an extraordinary nationwide dip in gasoline prices. I was on a local ski trip to Massanutten ski area in VA when I paid $1.39 per gallon when filling up at a station in Harrisonburg, VA on January 2, 2009! My 2009 note said we might not see it that low again before the start of the next ice age:)

steamboat1

$2.69 is the average for regular in Brooklyn although I did see one station at $2.65. While out on Long Island this week the average price I saw was $2.55 except for out on the South Fork where the average was still over $3.00. I filled up at the Indian Reservation in Shirley, LI where the price was $2.39.