• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gas.... < $2/gal

twinplanx

Enjoy it while you can. As soon as fracking is regulated a slow death and the Ruppel collapses, they will bend us over that proverbial barrel once again...

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's in the $2.45 range for coastal NH. VT hasn't gotten the memo on cheap gas yet. I paid $2.89 in Johnson over the weekend. I saw another station at $2.95

WoodCore

Just paid $2.27 in Jersey. Full service off course!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

jack97

2.49 in NH at the 93/89 rest area. 2.41 nearby in the metrowest area.

Glenn

This should have a positive impact on the ski areas this season.

Prices in VT are around $2.40ish the last few days. A few cents cheaper just over the CT River in Chesterfield, NH.

Jersey Skier

Just saw $1.9399 in Central NJ. Trying to figure out how to bring an extra 25 gallons with me to Stowe for the return trip home.

Jersey Skier

Where in cnj?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Route 1, Edison. Raceway and one other gas station. Of course I had just refilled for $2.07. Whatever, still feels like a bargain when I can fill the Suburban for $60.

snoseek

I found one station selling for 2.89 in South Lake but you could easily not pay attention and spend 3.50 plus. I don't remember exactly what I paid last year but it wasn't under 4.00 by much, if at all.

As someone who drives from nh to California and back every year and also from SLT to Kirkwood most days and makes a fairly modest income this puts ALOT of extra money in my pocket.

Geoff

VT hasn't gotten the memo on cheap gas yet.

No foolin'. I drove from Montreal to Killington last night. I had the GasBuddy smartphone application launched looking for premium fuel anywhere along the way that wasn't price gouging. The cheapest premium gas on I-89 was 20 cents per gallon more than Rutland. I had enough gas to make it home and I'll fuel up when I drive down the hill. You'd think that Chittenden County would have a high enough population to have some gas station competition. Nope. I'm surprised the locals don't get pissed off and torch a few gas stations for price gouging.

ScottySkis

Oil for the house 2.75 a gallon we bought 50 gallon s should make it through March if used conservative d my me .