• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

We need snow!

catsup948

Not loving the short to midrange forecasts right now. I would hate to have 12 days off with zero new snow. We need some good juju folks!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Right now, I'd take cold temps over snow. It would be nice to have a week of snowmaking weather. As fantastic as December has been for natural snow, its been awhile since we've had prolonged cold for snowmaking.

Glenn

Night time temps starting Sunday look good for making snow. If there's a small upside, snowmaking ponds should be fairly full.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Ditto with the snowmaking weather- we need that more than snow. Places around me are REALLY sketchy on the webcams. Thunder Ridge isn't even open yet.

Next storm looks like the third...for now. I'll be at Okemo on the 4th so I hope it comes true.

steamboat1

Night time temps starting Sunday look good for making snow. If there's a small upside, snowmaking ponds should be fairly full.
Not just night time temps, both day & night. Looks to be pretty cold all next week & into next weekend. At least thats what I'm seeing for central/northern New England

catsup948

So yeah next week is looking good for snowmaking. I'm more concerned with natural snow. It makes things pretty and covers up dog poop! ☺

abc

Not loving the short to midrange forecasts right now. I would hate to have 12 days off with zero new snow.
I no longer 'schedule' vacations with intention to ski in the northeast. I might as well go to work instead, and use the comp time to ski when a REAL storm is immanent.

Get in your car and start driving west. You've got enough time to have a nice week and some in Colorado!

catsup948

I no longer 'schedule' vacations with intention to ski in the northeast. I might as well go to work instead, and use the comp time to ski when a REAL storm is immanent.

Get in your car and start driving west. You've got enough time to have a nice week and some in Colorado!

I'm a teacher. I have all of next week off! I'm just saying we need snow. Peanut gallery is out of control in this thread. Haha!

ScottySkis

I'm a teacher. I have all of next week off! I'm just saying we need snow. Peanut gallery is out of control in this thread. Haha!

Where do live? Catskills snowmaking best should be good really good by Wednesday and Thursday if this week, hunter is awesome at snowmaking. If your close to Vermont I sure Mountain snow and Stratton and K will be blasting away in few hours to. Possible mini alpine seems to be happening for Hunter on New year day. I definitely be at Hunter

steamboat1

It's a shame this crap weather & poor conditions happen on more holiday weeks than not. Feel sorry for young families whose only chance to ski together is during this time.

VTKilarney

It's a shame this crap weather & poor conditions happen on more holiday weeks than not. Feel sorry for young families whose only chance to ski together is during this time.
That's what has me so bummed out. This is one of only two weeks during the ski season that I can ski all week with my family.