• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breck + Copper 3'+ Pow Day 12/22-23. A long time coming

skiNEwhere

I can't even remember the last time I had a pow day like this, maybe Mammoth in 2007? Even then, I don't think it was close to 3 feet. It was actually a weird feeling, skiing pow that deep, and remembering how to tackle it. There was almost -dare I say it- too much snow. I got stuck multiple times and had to kick my skis free. The steep stuff at the top of the imperial express was closed all day, so there was not much steep stuff at Breck that had sustained vertical. Most of the videos from Breck (Where I have my K2 Pontoons on) were around Chair 6. I was lucky enough to make second chair since some boarder biffed it in the liftline, causing a pileup and allowing me to pass in the other line :smash:

All and all, a great day, although looking back I wish I changed my approach to skiing pow a little. Could've been a little more aggressive, but it's been a long time.

(Meant to upload in 1080 but didn't, 720 should work)

Cornhead

Very nice, jealous, hope I get lucky and hit some powder days when I come out, probably in February.

mishka

one can only hope..... Someday I'll get pow like that to

skiNE you change skis mid run.?????....:dontknow:

skiNEwhere

one can only hope..... Someday I'll get pow like that to

skiNE you change skis mid run.?????....:dontknow:

I broke my soul 7's on Monday, so I used my other skis Tuesday.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1420062677.599344.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1420062698.312217.jpg

Shipped them off to Rossi today, hope they replace them.

mishka

wow
How that happened? Can I see bigger picture part where separation you can e-mail it to me if you like