• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jan 4-5 Event

xwhaler

Seems NH/ME are forecasted for higher totals than VT from this one at least per those NWS maps. That darker blue blob over the N Conway area is probably good for Cranmore, Black NH, Shawnee Peak

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Seems NH/ME are forecasted for higher totals than VT from this one at least per those NWS maps. That darker blue blob over the N Conway area is probably good for Cranmore, Black NH, Shawnee Peak

Ever the optimist, I'm going to say that elevation will make Wildcat the winner.

Rowsdower

Am I missing something? GFS suddenly shifted the rain/snow line south. Pokes are in the 6-8' range and the Catskills are 8-10'. Total 180 from the rest of the weeks forecast.

Rowsdower

Well my face is red.

I looked at the models again and it seems to be 1-3 this weekend, plus ice and rain on top I guess. But it looks like they're predicting another 3-6 inches monday/tuesday in the Poconos and 6-8 in the Catskills.\

Does anyone else see this? None of the major forecasting sites are saying much.

Last edited:

xwhaler

Matt Noyes (NECN) just posted on his FB page. I generally like his forecasting and feel he doesnt get too hyped up for these things. Also understands what elevation and wind shifts can do for ski country.

Incoming snow later Saturday:
* Arrival late day to evening (an hour either side of noon NYC, 2 PM Hartford, 4 PM Worcester, 5 PM Boston, give or take an hour)
* Changes to rain for many overnight Saturday night
* Mild rain showers south Sunday, mix north
* Prolonged period of freezing rain Western MA (west of I-91) and in valleys of Southwest NH may linger into early Sunday monring, resulting in a few isolated power outages

xwhaler

1483396_910637458955805_847004471440154491_n.jpg