• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any lift deals New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?

Cheese

Issues? I'm surprised it's your 1st day. I'll be on day 14, I think, about time to stop counting, I usually don't even try.

I'll ramp up to 3 days a week or more starting tomorrow. New Years Day has been day 1 a lot of seasons for me since I quit instructing.

SIKSKIER

Yes, and like paper most of those trails are flat. There are a significant number of trails listed in Cannon's count that are literally not downhill ski trails by any definition. Some of them would be a stretch to consider at XC ski trails. If any of Cannon's management wants to come on a dispute that, let's settle it with a ski-off on Lakeside (I'll choose sneakers as my gear for that one).
Forget the stupid trail count numbers.Use the acres open to get a much better idea.Today Cannon 33 trails 89 acres,Wildcat 17 trails 109 acres.To put it in perspective,Cannon only has 180 acres on Cannon proper and Loon 300 acres open today.

SIKSKIER

As I've said in other threads,mountan manager JD got slammed for the exaggerated number bragging the last few weeks.On FB he now needs to say the no bs report because the Cannon Peeps(FB) called hm out and he is a friend.Heres one of his posts:
[h=5]John DeVivo
[/h]December 26 at 11:53am

The no BS report for Dec 26th... we got pounded with rain and warmth like everybody else in New England, and we're back to last year's same Dec 26th count of 29 trails & 7 lifts... BUT... the brighter side of things shows that we're the ONLY ski area in NH cold enough to be making snow right now, and we've been at it since yesterday afternoon. Fear not, peeps... we're on the move!

VTKilarney

Forget the stupid trail count numbers.Use the acres open to get a much better idea.Today Cannon 33 trails 89 acres,Wildcat 17 trails 109 acres.To put it in perspective,Cannon only has 180 acres on Cannon proper and Loon 300 acres open today.
Acreage is subject to being fudged as well. Q Burke has 267 acres, excluding glades. Right now they have 8 out of 36 trails open, yet are claiming to have 135 acres of skiable terrain open.

ScottySkis

Bromley 50/$ ticket through flex tickets that potter brothers ski and snowboarding shop s sell s several in north east. Potter brothers.com

Cannonball

Yes and no. I completely understand and agree with what you're saying. But acres really aren't much better than trail numbers as a unit of measurement. I ski vertically, so I don't really care how many acres (ie wide) the terrain is. So while I agree that Cannon's trail count is inflated, I also think that a Loon and Wildcat's acreage is largely irrelevant. Unless you're making big 'ol turns from edge to edge who cares what the acreage is?