• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deleted Week

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yup...seems to be off by 26 minutes. Earthshattering!!!!

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on switching hosts. That may mean more downtime while it happens. but this new host is 2x as powerful as what we are on now and is entirely SSD based which should mean an even faster alpinezone.

I'll make a decision in the next day or two and if we do the cutover i'll make sure to do it later at night or early in the morning. it's the dns propogation that can take time where things get wonky while the cutover is happening.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on switching hosts. That may mean more downtime while it happens. but this new host is 2x as powerful as what we are on now and is entirely SSD based which should mean an even faster alpinezone.

I'll make a decision in the next day or two and if we do the cutover i'll make sure to do it later at night or early in the morning. it's the dns propogation that can take time where things get wonky while the cutover is happening.

If it helps your decision, I'll click on some ads in the meantime.

SkiFanE

Good luck! I'm in IT and in my company, something like this would take a year to plan and test and implement lol. Go for it!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, more shoot from the hip over here :)

One the plus side, has anyone else noticed this new server does seem faster? The site seems more responsive to me.

Cornhead

I was looking at Mishka's CO thread, two of his pics from Loveland looked familiar, they were my pics from Snow Ridge. When I tried adding the same pics to my post from my phone, two different pics than the ones I selected appeared, weird.

skiNEwhere

The time still appears to be off. When someone replies to a post, it shows at the top of my timeline on the mobile app, and it will say 33 minutes ago at a mimimum

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The time still appears to be off. When someone replies to a post, it shows at the top of my timeline on the mobile app, and it will say 33 minutes ago at a mimimum

I just tried updating my time on the the server but it iddn't "stick". I'm checking w/ host now. hopefully they don't blow up the site setting the time :p