TR from Big Jay on Sat.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    TR from Big Jay on Sat.

    Here's a TR from my splitboard tour of Big Jay, Vt this past Sat.



    It was cold. the snow was great, and we took the wrong route down. My phone bricked and lost the rest of my pictures, so i all have is an approximated drawing based on periodic GPS checkins for visuals.

    https://www.facebook.com/wickedstoke...958255/?type=1

  2. #2
    I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally

  3. #3
    Ha! Get a little carried away in Timbuktu?

  4. #4
    Totally awesome! Man ol man I wish I had touring gear. When my boy is off to collage I'm investing in a complete bc tour set. Can't wait.
    Skiing is not only in, nor on, also above and beyond

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by loki357 View Post
    Ha! Get a little carried away in Timbuktu?
    Found some soft snow. Thought we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by loki357 View Post
    Ha! Get a little carried away in Timbuktu?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Found some soft snow. Thought we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.
    Fail on my part. I forgot how easy it is to miss that traverse! Thank god for a nice Montrealer.

  7. #7
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Fail on my part. I forgot how easy it is to miss that traverse! Thank god for a nice Montrealer.
    Did you give him cash, grass, or ass?

  8. #8
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.
    ??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

    Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.

  9. #9
    Think you misread my post. I said, "Thought we stayed high enough traverse"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    ??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

    Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.
    I would disagree. I would say there was plenty of snow in there with some decent stashes. Aside from some mild bushwhacking at the end (my own fault) it was a lot of fun.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.