TR from Big Jay on Sat.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TR from Big Jay on Sat.

Here's a TR from my splitboard tour of Big Jay, Vt this past Sat.

It was cold. the snow was great, and we took the wrong route down. My phone bricked and lost the rest of my pictures, so i all have is an approximated drawing based on periodic GPS checkins for visuals.

https://www.facebook.com/wickedstoke...958255/?type=1

I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally

Ha! Get a little carried away in Timbuktu?

Totally awesome! Man ol man I wish I had touring gear. When my boy is off to collage I'm investing in a complete bc tour set. Can't wait.
    Skiing is not only in, nor on, also above and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by loki357 View Post
    Found some soft snow. Thought we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.

Quote Originally Posted by loki357 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I visited the part of Jay right where your "Start" sign is yesterday, but not intentionally
    Found some soft snow. Thought we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.
    Fail on my part. I forgot how easy it is to miss that traverse! Thank god for a nice Montrealer.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Fail on my part. I forgot how easy it is to miss that traverse! Thank god for a nice Montrealer.
    Did you give him cash, grass, or ass?

we stayed high enough to traverse back, but miscalculated. Ended up at the road, walked for ten until someone picked us up.
    ??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.

Think you misread my post. I said, "Thought we stayed high enough traverse"

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    ??? If you were high enough to traverse back how did you end up on the road ?

Skied down there on Sunday. There is enough snow to ski down to the road, but not enough for it to be real fun yet.
    I would disagree. I would say there was plenty of snow in there with some decent stashes. Aside from some mild bushwhacking at the end (my own fault) it was a lot of fun.

Thread Information