• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bumps

4aprice

Ok Nick say's we're ready to rock a roll again without fear of being swept off to cyber space never to be seen again. This was one of the threads that got away. Was happy this past weekend with the home bump(CBK Pa) having 3 bump runs running They got a little rinse yesterday but I was glad to see that they are determined to refresh them and got started today by closing Uncle Bills and making snow on it. Would expect Asp and Lower Cleo to get refreshers as well. Looking forward to the end of the week and weekend to get up there and hit it again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Savemeasammy

I was at Sunapee on Sunday afternoon, and they had seeded bumps on Flying Goose under the North Peak Triple. They were skied-in pretty well and skied nicely. The bumps on the upper section of the course were more widely spaced, and the troughs were slick. About 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down there is a spot where there are a few very widely spaced bumps, but I'm assuming this will be where the lower kickers will be. Below that, the bumps tighten up nicely and all but take the troughs out of play. Over all, the bumps were pretty firm which is to be expected given how unkind Mother Nature has been to us lately...

Last night I made a few runs at Pats. I was skiing with my wife, so Hurricane wasn't in the cards. From looking at it from the lift, I suspect I didn't miss anything. The bumps looked widely spaced, akward, and didn't really look to have any rhythmic lines... I'd love to see Pats euthanize the bumps on skiers left the whole way down before the next powder day to give them another shot of setting up. Last year the bumps set up after a powder day and they were surprisingly good. Vortex had some nice whales as of last night. It looked like it would have been fun to ski... had I not been with my wife! ;)

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

I was at Sunapee on Friday after it received ~3" of fresh, not a pow day but made for fun turns!!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Don't worry guys. Everything will be good to go from here on out.

(hopefully)

I don't know, Nick... just got a database error!

In other news: bumps rock. Need to make a trip to the Jane soon to get my real fix. Gandy-LowerFrenchman-RainbowCut. Oh yeah. Zipperline all day.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Oh, and I was hoping we'd have some natural bumps growing out here at Cooper. But it's looking like I'll be seeding them again...

It's fun seeding bumps. But it's no fun slipping them in the next day. They set up hard as a rock, even with perfect powdery natural snow like we have. Oh well. I guess it's worth the effort.

So be sure to thank whoever seeds and then slips the lines anywhere where they actually seed bumps. It's more work than you'd think!

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

I don't know, Nick... just got a database error!

In other news: bumps rock. Need to make a trip to the Jane soon to get my real fix. Gandy-LowerFrenchman-RainbowCut. Oh yeah. Zipperline all day.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Gandy just got Groomed Sunday (Insert dramatic "Nooooooo") WP got r@!n and I'm assuming that combined with the warm temps wreaked havoc.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Gandy just got Groomed Sunday (Insert dramatic "Nooooooo") WP got r@!n and I'm assuming that combined with the warm temps wreaked havoc.

Ouch. Double ouch. Rain, and a groomed Gandy. Guess I'll just stay here! I don't think it's ever rained here between November and April, lol.

dlague

Oddly enough, Sugarbush was somewhat void of bumps and when I found some they were pretty crispy.

powhunter

I was at Sunapee on Sunday afternoon, and they had seeded bumps on Flying Goose under the North Peak Triple. They were skied-in pretty well and skied nicely. The bumps on the upper section of the course were more widely spaced, and the troughs were slick. About 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down there is a spot where there are a few very widely spaced bumps, but I'm assuming this will be where the lower kickers will be. Below that, the bumps tighten up nicely and all but take the troughs out of play. Over all, the bumps were pretty firm which is to be expected given how unkind Mother Nature has been to us lately...

Last night I made a few runs at Pats. I was skiing with my wife, so Hurricane wasn't in the cards. From looking at it from the lift, I suspect I didn't miss anything. The bumps looked widely spaced, akward, and didn't really look to have any rhythmic lines... I'd love to see Pats euthanize the bumps on skiers left the whole way down before the next powder day to give them another shot of setting up. Last year the bumps set up after a powder day and they were surprisingly good. Vortex had some nice whales as of last night. It looked like it would have been fun to ski... had I not been with my wife! ;)

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Was up at Sunapee on mon with powbumps and johnnypoach the few inches of new snow filled in the troughs but they were still pretty firm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiFanE

Seems like ages ago now - but last Saturday SundayRiver had a nice line on lower Risky - still some fresh snow crusted over from weekend before, and with about 2" of fresh Friday night - by mid-day they were nice. Blown snow on lower Amex turned into huge deep bumps - and in the troughs was still more deep snow - no crust. Risky they've been leaving the bump line - but Amex is groomed out daily. They've been making snow like crazy all week - should be nice soft ones this weekend.

jack97

just came back from okemo. they seeded two trails; one below the black ridge triple and another on plunge. The former was roped from the public. It looks nice, the troughs were skied in and it had two set sets of kickers, its most likely kept up for the freestyle team. As for the riff raff, plunge was decent, it had some nice sections where the troughs were skied in but in other sections it as mounds of snow on boiler plate.... the stuff that looks greyish.

I explored jackson gore since they claim it had a glade with bumps but it was roped off today. So I spent the day just lapping plunge. It should be decent in a couple of weeks.

machski

Sunday River has Top Gun loaded top to bottom (natural build). Risky line still pretty good and few good sections on Shock Wave. Need to get a good line going on skiers right of Vortex now (center got groomed out). Should see Agony this weekend but with need to be groomed due to the slides they caused with the snow make. Maybe they'll seed it??

Savemeasammy

Whaleback has a bump course on lower spout. My friend says it will be there through Weds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk