• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday January 19th Something is brewing in New England

drjeff

Nice long range signs right now of a decent pattern shift favoring cold and active weather for the Northeast starting a week or so from now! Fingers crossed, since we've got some decent base snow in place over most of ski country right now, and if we can just some some storms firing away, even a few 3-6" storms in a short period of time, things could get really good in a hurry! :)

catsup948

Euro moved this east last run. Would be better for me if this goes more east. Brings good snow to Maine and the whites. Maybe we get some rain showers over to a coating of snow. No deluge please.

Puck it

attachment.php

I am am going Monday for sure.

lstone84

Everyone is going ooouuutttt tooooooo seeeeeeaaaaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

The skier in me wants this to stay close to the shore for mountain snows! :snow:

The Patriots fan in me wants this to head out to sea to minimize the potential weather impact at Gillette Stadium for the game Sunday evening!! (And no I won't be going, so I know where I'll be watching the game Sunday night will be about 72 degrees, dry, with no wind and a crackling fire in the fireplace in the background ;) )

Go Pats!

4aprice

Blessing for the Pocono's? Looks like a complete miss down here which we will take seeing as it would be rain. Model I saw (on TV) looked like it will miss most of NE too. Colder air due in today, not really seen by the models a few days ago. Looks like tomorrow morning will be brisk.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Blessing for the Pocono's? Looks like a complete miss down here which we will take seeing as it would be rain. Model I saw (on TV) looked like it will miss most of NE too. Colder air due in today, not really seen by the models a few days ago. Looks like tomorrow morning will be brisk.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
A miss would make me happy ,no rain!, have a gravel drive that has an inch of ice on now .
May do Blue tomorrow

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
The skier in me wants this to stay close to the shore for mountain snows! :snow:

The Patriots fan in me wants this to head out to sea to minimize the potential weather impact at Gillette Stadium for the game Sunday evening!! (And no I won't be going, so I know where I'll be watching the game Sunday night will be about 72 degrees, dry, with no wind and a crackling fire in the fireplace in the background ;) )

Go Pats!

I dunno, I think I want the worst weather possible against Luck and the Colts.

Tin

The issue this week will be the pass rush for New England. Last week Flacco was able to just stand in the pocket and do what he wanted. If Luck is able to do this then it is going to be a lot closer game than everyone thinks. Indy bottled up Bernard/Hill in the first round and did the same to Denver last week, I'd be shocked if New England runs all over them again.

Indy is not the same team New England played in November.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No game in the playoffs is a shoe in. Last weeks game showed that. Ravens could have easily won.