• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday January 19th Something is brewing in New England

lstone84

Wow GFS coming back to the EURO.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
noaad3.gif

yeggous

It'll be all about the track. Wildcat could get some serious, serious snow out of this storm. This could definitely be sick day inducing.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Dmiller27

It'll be all about the track. Wildcat could get some serious, serious snow out of this storm. This could definitely be sick day inducing.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Hmmm I have a free lift ticket for wildcat might have to hit it up on Monday

yeggous

Hmmm I have a free lift ticket for wildcat might have to hit it up on Monday

I would not make any committments yet, but this warrants watching. We are still 2-3 days out so a lot can change. I try not to take a position unless I feel like my opinion is actionable. Bottom line is we are still in probabalistic and not deterministic forecast territory.

As is the case most weekends, my car is packed (my entire arsenal included) and ready to head to North Conway this evening. Saturday I'm either going to Bretton Woods to play in the ungroomed / glades, or to Cranmore to lap the NASTAR course for practice. (My domestic dictator beat me in the latest league race and I cannot tolerate a repeat.) Sunday I'll probably go to Wildcat or Attitash.

Monday is the big question. The way the trough is oriented suggests that there will be a dramatic difference is precipitation amounts and quality between Wildcat and Cannon. I hate to resort to Cannon or BW during a coastal storm as they almost always get shaddowed, but snow quality can be the deciding factor.

bdfreetuna

Mount Snow would be my first choice for Monday as most of my other passes are blacked out. Fingers crossed on that being adequate elevation to get a big dump. I'll take whatever I can get though, being that it's white and frozen and flakey.

Kleetus

Mount Snow would be my first choice for Monday as most of my other passes are blacked out. Fingers crossed on that being adequate elevation to get a big dump. I'll take whatever I can get though, being that it's white and frozen and flakey.

Hey me too (Although I have a season pass so can ski it any day, my other vouchers are all blacked out though). Torn though whether to go Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday since I have the day off. If I knew for sure this would be all snow for Southern VT. I would go Sunday/Monday...but given how close the nair/snow line is I'm tempted to go Saturday/Sunday in the event a refreeze happens on Monday should they get rain...It's a drive for me up there so have to stay over and can only afford to do it one night

It's not helping that I got new Ski's this week and am itching to get out on them...