• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday January 19th Something is brewing in New England

bdfreetuna

I checked NWS / NOAA for West Dover it looks like 5-6" at the base. I would expect almost double at the top.

Good enough for me! :D

Tin

Killington north above 2000' could get crushed with all snow.

If 2000' is the cut off that would be amazing and save a lot of places. The 14" December storm had a line like that. At Skyeship Base to the access road it was all 6-7". Just up the access road it was over 10".

steamboat1

If 2000' is the cut off that would be amazing and save a lot of places. The 14" December storm had a line like that. At Skyeship Base to the access road it was all 6-7". Just up the access road it was over 10".
Killington claimed 22" out of the Dec. storm. I remember last year one of the big storms we had it was only all snow from Killington north. Everywhere south of that had all rain, even Okemo which is close to K. I was fortunate to already be at K during that storm. I think we wound up with over 2ft. That storm wasn't elevation dependent since we had close to that amount of snow even in the valley where I stay. You just had to be far enough north of the rain/snow line.

Tin

They got 6-8" the next night. It was fun but heavy. That storm last year was a tough one. Magic and Stratton got only a few inches and ice, Pico got 24".

Tin

Rain on the NR cam at K and 37*. Hope that cold air moves in quicker. Radar shows snow in the Whites.

mriceyman

It should snow on the backend

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

Freezing rain advisory extended until 6pm here. Temps are really struggling to come up. If there is anything left we might flip to snow earlier tonight.