• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday January 19th Something is brewing in New England

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
A snow event of some sort is brewing for New England Sunday into MLK Monday, or so it seems right now. Current thought (It's still four days away) is that Maine will get the most, NH a moderate amount, and VT not so much. I'm not throwing precip numbers around, but let's say that the amount will be noticeable. Then again, I've been wrong before, this won't be the last time :dunce:

This storm most important contribution won't be it's snow totals (Still up in the air), but how it busts open the Zombie Vortex causing the +NAO. This is signaling the beginning of a regime change which will probably feature a -NAO and a classic El Nino pattern, which is much better than this pseudo La Nina crap we're been dealing with.

Good times ahead.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This storm most important contribution won't be it's snow totals (Still up in the air), but how it busts open the Zombie Vortex causing the +NAO. This is signaling the beginning of a regime change which will probably feature a -NAO and a classic El Nino pattern, which is much better than this pseudo La Nina crap we're been dealing with.

Good times ahead.
WTF did you say? :dunce: Looking at the higher elevations, we're probably in the clear.

4aprice

A snow event of some sort is brewing for New England Sunday into MLK Monday, or so it seems right now. Current thought (It's still four days away) is that Maine will get the most, NH a moderate amount, and VT not so much. I'm not throwing precip numbers around, but let's say that the amount will be noticeable. Then again, I've been wrong before, this won't be the last time :dunce:

Supposed to be a little sloppy, but the exact track has to be determined, and I think it will add to the pack. From what I'm reading, cold is reloading and some think the good stuff is on the other side. Vt could get upslopes as this passes as well.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catsup948

Euro really cuts inland and has a ton of rain. Ensembles are all over this place. There is not a lot of confidence for snow down here. Could be a big paste bomb for northern New england.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
What's a "paste bomb"?

95ep48iwbg_fill.gif

Rowsdower

Looks like northern Greens, Whites, and Maine might get something out of this. Everything south gets nothing or a mix - couple inches.

Bummer for us down here. I'm just hoping it stays dry so things dont ice up for MLK.

dlague

Looking like around 6 inches of snow for Franconia, NH area then switching to mixed or even the other stuff.