• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Some Questions About Stowe

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
So the FOSAS (Friends of Stowe Adaptive Sports) is the beneficiary organization for Ski Till I Die... they're having an event the weekend of Jan 30th-Feb 1st that we are helping to sponsor.

I havent skied Stowe since college and it was a race weekend so I dont remember much.

What Id like to do is throw an apres party Saturday... anyone have any suggestions for bars that I could reach out to for said festivities??

Also, looking for a place to crash so any motel / hotel recommendations would be awesome!!

SnowRock

You might want to look at a place like the Rusty Nail which does Apres on the weekends and is a huge venue. Matterhorn is THE Apres Spot but is always packed regardless so may not be a great fit.

In terms of places to crash.. you looking for luxe or cheap or in between? Lots of decent places to stay if you dont mind spending a few bucks. Stowe motel, Stoweflake and Golden Eagle all decently priced and solid options. My wife and I stay at the Green Mt Inn in town and the Best Western in Waterbury is a good deal if you dont mind a bit of a drive.

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
You might want to look at a place like the Rusty Nail which does Apres on the weekends and is a huge venue. Matterhorn is THE Apres Spot but is always packed regardless so may not be a great fit.

In terms of places to crash.. you looking for luxe or cheap or in between? Lots of decent places to stay if you dont mind spending a few bucks. Stowe motel, Stoweflake and Golden Eagle all decently priced and solid options. My wife and I stay at the Green Mt Inn in town and the Best Western in Waterbury is a good deal if you dont mind a bit of a drive.

Awesome... thank you!!!

This is a very helpful start... and we're poor. So cheap cheap cheap.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sunset Grill and Taproom maybe an option for the Apres Party. They don't get quite the same crush of apres ski people as others do. Bar has plenty of space.

Scruffy

Grey Fox is nice. They have a room downstairs for parties, or at least they use to ? Green Mountain Inn is nice, might be pricy.

edited to add: The Grey Fox use to open their breakfast room up for us to have a dinner party in. They are under new management now, it's been a few years, give them a call.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stowehof has a cool bar downstairs. Its cozy, but theyve held ski bum race apres parties in the past. Might able to work out a deal on a room by bringing the party there.

rocks860

We stayed at the golden eagle last year for a night, it was pretty nice. As an aside, I ate at piecasso last night and it was delicious as usual

MadMadWorld

So the FOSAS (Friends of Stowe Adaptive Sports) is the beneficiary organization for Ski Till I Die... they're having an event the weekend of Jan 30th-Feb 1st that we are helping to sponsor.

I havent skied Stowe since college and it was a race weekend so I dont remember much.

What Id like to do is throw an apres party Saturday... anyone have any suggestions for bars that I could reach out to for said festivities??

Also, looking for a place to crash so any motel / hotel recommendations would be awesome!!

Wow....I almost feel bad for all the nasty comments when you first came around.

Green Mountain Inn is great but might not be what you are looking for.

mbedle

I would also suggest that you discuss this with FOSAS. They are located in the area and would most likely be able to guide you to a venue that can accommodate the party size you plan on having.

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
Wow....I almost feel bad for all the nasty comments when you first came around.

Green Mountain Inn is great but might not be what you are looking for.

Hahaha thank you sir! No worries...

And DHS, Scruffy, and Rocks... great feedback will keep you posted once I figure everything out.

mbedle - already had a conversation with them about this... they've been great to work with but I figured Apline Zoners would be more reliable in the regard of the apres world and give me what I was really looking for.

Cheers!