• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recommendations for 2 day New England ski trip

hammer

Lake Placid is probably just as far as Sugarloaf. Much more to do in town too. Whiteface is the only mtn. but it is not too shabby.
Is there enough for intermediates at Whiteface? Have to say there's appeal to being at Lake Placid...

603Skier

Mt. Snow sounds almost tailor made for what you're looking for. Should keep you entertained for 2 days, lots of blues, and relatively close.

I agree Mount Snow should be really fun for the whole family.
But you know Killington ski tickets are also good at neighboring Pico (but Pico ticks not good at Killington because of cost). Now there's a bang for your buck. Get a multi day ticket. Have fun.

Warp Daddy

Gore a fantastic mtn 4 peaks , 9 sides , ski on skiing , 2500 plus vert , plus BEAUCOUP stuff there for intermediates , i mean a cornucopia of skiing fo you guys ......intermediates will never have to ski the same trail twice you have 4 mtns ' 9 sides , 27 glades and over 100 trails

Stay a day in Placid doWF for theexperience thenbook rooms either at Gore at thr Copperfield INN in North Creek or in Lake George ( more to do )

Warp Daddy

FWIW : Me , my son and my grandson home from University for Spring break will also. Be there for 3 days in March sometime theweek of the 16- 20

Kleetus

I would agree that WF and Gore may be a good play. WF has a fair amount of intermediate terrain and lots of sustained steeper groomers (cloudspin). Gore has a good mix of terrain and some great intermediate cruisers (nothing beats showcase) plus some steep normally groomed terrain such as Rumor and Lies. North Creek is also a great little ski town.

I also think Sunday River or Mt Snow would be good. Sunday River is definitely bigger but Mt Snow has good variety as well.

I would say Sugarbush as its one of my faves but I normally only go there to ski bumps and that's all I ski when I'm there...never skied any of the groomers really. Can't speak to Sugarloaf as that's on my hit list.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

hammer

Thanks to everyone for their inputs. Just booked a 2BR condo 2 miles from Sunday River. Guessing there will be good skiing to be had no matter what the weather brings over the next 2 months.

skiMEbike

Thanks to everyone for their inputs. Just booked a 2BR condo 2 miles from Sunday River. Guessing there will be good skiing to be had no matter what the weather brings over the next 2 months.

Nice! I don't think you will be disappointed....Look forward to the trip report.