• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Largest internal frame pack that qualifies as carryon?

D

DavidY

What is the largest internal frame pack size that still qualifies as carry-on at the airport? Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good pack to buy at this size?

MtnMagic

Couldn't tell you. I'm certain a phone call to the airport would answer your question most accurately.

D

DavidY

The unofficial size

A pilot friend of mine who flies for JetBlue gave me the official dimensions off his manuals: 16x24x10 for the overhead bin, but there is some fudge room - something protruding out one side that does not cause too much hindrance.

I'm hoping someone can tell what actually got through the airport.

Mike P.

Carry On

I've brought an EMS 3500 (older model, Zipper not stuff sack) which fit no problem in the overhead & it was stuffed. (lApril 2004 - Bermuda) The pack is fairly long but narrow with just one additional pocket on the front which is big enough for my contact lens case & a rain fly.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
IIRC when we flew Song (a low cost division of Delta) from Logan to Ft. Myers FL last fall the restriction for the size of a carry-on was 45" total, meaning your length + width + depth of your carry-on could not exceed 45", though I never saw any of the stewards/stewardessssss check anyone's carry-on. I suppose if you tried to bring an enormous pack on board they may put up a stink, but they seemed to be pretty lenient as long as you could cram it in the overhead without pry-bars and a hydraulic press. :lol: