• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing First - I ran over...

If there was an animal I could run over it would be a Bicknell's Thrush. Those things have killed off so many promising expansion plans.:uzi:

C-Rex

I almost hit a mouse a couple weeks ago, but I've never actually hit anything snowboarding.

My friend crashed avoiding a deer while we were downhill biking a couple years ago. He was pissed and yelling at it that he should have just hit it, and that he was going to start riding with a sidearm.

Not a collision but a couple years ago I was at Diablo Mountain Bike Park (now Mountain Creek) and saw a black bear down along the lift line while on the lift. All I could think was that I was going to crash near it on the next run and be helpless to run away while it ate me.

ceo

I remember the "Yellow-nosed vole crossing" signs that used to be on the Spillway lift towers. Never actually saw one though.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I've had runs in with both a squirrel and a mouse over the years. The squirrel took a glancing blow and ran off after, the mouse didn't fair so well and literally was cut in 1/2! :eek: (I had some really sharp edges that day and hit him with all of my 225lbs in full on edge pressure mid turn on some hard snow at a high rate of speed - I thought that the mouse was just a piece of frozen dirty snow at first, until I saw it move just before impact)
You cut a MOOSE in HALF? Oops sorry ... my 56 year old eyes playing tricks. :dunce:

emmaurice2

One squirrel at Mohawk and lots of other near misses with squirrels at various resorts . A pheasant (big dark brown bird, it was all kind of a blur) hit my helmet at Pico.

Terry

I almost hit a deer at Shawnee Peak a few years ago while night skiing. I was flying down Parmalees and made the corner onto the crossover and she was standing in the middle of the trail. Wasn't sure which way she would go, but I cut left and she went right. It was close!!