• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jan 24-25-26 2015 - possible significant coastal storm this weekend

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
StormTotalSnowRange.png

Rowsdower

00z and NAM are calling a home run for the Poconos and Catskills. The 06 has gone insane and is calling for upwards of 14 inches.

This is the 120 hour projection though. Is there something else coming down the pike that we didn't know about? Because the weekend storm looks like 2-4 for the Poconos and 4-6 in the city.

BenedictGomez

All is right with the world, the Poconos will have the football pulled away as per usual.

10891743_10155136456490387_6582017802743351139_n.jpg

I cant wait for Camelback to put out a post this weekend along the disingenuous lines of, "Come and GET some POWDER!!!!!!" after the 2.5 inches of snow they'll receive.

SnowRock

Not that I truly enjoy the place but a few in the extended family were hitting up Mt creek Sunday so this is at least well timed for me.

4aprice

I cant wait for Camelback to put out a post this weekend along the disingenuous lines of, "Come and GET some POWDER!!!!!!" after the 2.5 inches of snow they'll receive.

I don't care what they claim or what the marketing department does as the web site has been woefully bad at merely describing the conditions. Avoiding more rain is my top priority. On the other hand mountain ops deserve a standing ovation as they continue to make snow and improve conditions. This was described as groomed on the web site last weekend.
DSCF4216_1_.jpg

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Why would they say that, so they can boost the number/percentage of trails they claim are groomed? Obviously not groomed.

Don't know why BG. Those bumps had just been refreshed the prior days from the previous rain, and will most likely be refreshed this week after Sunday's rain. (and they were fun till the mobs took over in the afternoon (MLK DAY weekend)) They also want to get 2 other bump runs up and running when they get a break with the weather). Just think marketing doesn't have it together.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ