• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 1/20/15 - The Day After

reefer

Simple and sweet. I may elaborate more lately but I wanted to post something quick in case one is on the fence. K was rocking today. Blower pow everywhere. Cold and very windy. Where the snow settled it was free refills. I almost stayed to ski tomorrow…………………….Go

A tasty Royal flush.

Scenic from Old Superstar.

Looking up Vertigo. (I think)

West Glade.

Last edited:

SkiRay

We are glad we stayed at Pico until Monday.. Wow. The place was all ours and deep deep snow for the East.

steamboat1

Love that shot from Royal Flush. To me that is the best view of Killington. If I had a car I probably would've been there myself. Car is in Rutland (repairs), I'm in Brooklyn. Don't have a ride up to pick up the car until the weekend.

reefer

never got back to this.............................Just wanted to add I visited the Summit Lodge for the first time. Very nice building. Did not have any food, just a couple quick long trails, a power bar and some trail mix from the end bar stool I was able to scoff up at noon. Met some cool locals there and also on several of the Gondi rides I took.

These pics were all taken from my bar stool.

reefer

Love that shot from Royal Flush. To me that is the best view of Killington. If I had a car I probably would've been there myself. Car is in Rutland (repairs), I'm in Brooklyn. Don't have a ride up to pick up the car until the weekend.

Sucks about the car, terrible timing, hope everything works out.
Didn't take a lot of pics, was cold and windy. Had to snap a couple on RF because as stated, you don't see it like this too often.
My only regret is I didn't stay over to ski Wednesday. I did not duck into any woods, was really good out on the trails I skied. After seeing Kzone reports and some woods pics I want more. Maybe tomorrow.................

Here's one more I took from the top of RF. Should have aimed just a little higher.............
Is a great view of the Summit.

steamboat1

Thanks, car is repaired just waiting for the ride up Fri. I'll be at Pico Sat. Might compete in Met Council race if I get the out of the dealership on time Sat. morning. They do have an old fart category. Sun. who knows where I'll be. I'll have my daughter with me this weekend so I'm looking forward to that. Either I'll stay up a few more days next week or I'll have to drive back & forth from NYC. Depends on if my daughter is willing to ride home with our ride up. Looks really good up there, can't wait to get there. Glad you had a good time. By the way the food is pretty good at the Peak albeit a little pricey. I'm pretty sure I know exactly who the locals were you met at the bar.

ps: they've been pounding Superstar & Skyelark top to bottom again with snowmaking the past two days. Last week the whales were huge on both trails when I was there. Maybe they'll be able to make June this year?

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
My only regret is I didn't stay over to ski Wednesday. I did not duck into any woods, was really good out on the trails I skied. After seeing Kzone reports and some woods pics I want more. Maybe tomorrow.................

I'm planning to be there tomorrow, will spend most of the day in trees.