• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess a ski area in three clues

bdfreetuna

1. The slogan "The Mountain That's Not For Everyone" was quickly replaced with a more family-oriented campaign.
2. The only glade on the mountain was converted into an expert trail boasting in excess of a 30 degree slope.
3. Only the backside of one other ski area can be seen from the top, and that area is no longer in operation.

WoodCore

Here's one.......

I'm over 60 years old
Used to have 9 on the ground
Now I have 5 in the sky.

Hawkshot99

1. The slogan "The Mountain That's Not For Everyone" was quickly replaced with a more family-oriented campaign.
2. The only glade on the mountain was converted into an expert trail boasting in excess of a 30 degree slope.
3. Only the backside of one other ski area can be seen from the top, and that area is no longer in operation.

If the answer is Jiminy Peak then 2of the 3 clues are wrong, and I have never heard the slogan before, even working there for many years. I'm assuming the glade you are refering to is North Glade. But there is also Hot Wheels Glade there.
I am guessing the closed area you speak of is Brodie. But you can also easily see Bousquet as you are skiing along on West Way.

bdfreetuna

Hang on I'll show you a pic.

And the former "glade" that turned into a trail was Jericho. 1986/1987 season they advertised this "improvement"

bdfreetuna

attachment.php

Didn't count on the vintage ski area brochure collection -- did ya!

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 166

catsup948

1. Closer to Quebec City than Boston
2. AT used to cross over its summit now there is a .6 mile access trail off the AT
3. Bode Miller used to ski here