• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess a ski area in three clues

VTKilarney

Since the "Guess the Ski Area" thread seems to have died, let's try something a little different. Instead of a photo, give three clues. The person with the correct answer gets to provide clues for the next area.

So to kick it off:
1) I was late to the game - opening in the 1960's.
2) I have no detachable quads.
3) The Appalachian Trail crosses my summit - but doesn't cross any of my ski trails.

VTKilarney

Hmm... I didn't check the Appalachian Trail part, but if that's true then Saddleback is probably correct, but it's not the ski area that I had in mind.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hmm... I didn't check the Appalachian Trail part, but if that's true then Saddleback is probably correct, but it's not the ski area that I had in mind.

The AT goes over the top; I don't know when Saddleback opened.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Saddleback opened in 1960. So you were correct - but it wasn't the one I was thinking of. Still... that's pretty impressive.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Saddleback opened in 1960. So you were correct - but it wasn't the one I was thinking of. Still... that's pretty impressive.

Extra points for me 😉

You must be thinking of an area down in PA or lower.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone