• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

College Hoops

2knees

usually by this time of year, i'm totally hooked into it. With UConn being almost unwatchable, i havent been paying much attention. I actually gave up my ticket tonight to the uconn-cuse game. I'm embarrassed by own actions.

Grassi21

My buddy has season tickets for the Huskies. I've passed up 3 out of 4 games this season (I saw the Indiana game). Not to mention I'm a SJU Redstorm fan!

2knees

My buddy has season tickets for the Huskies. I've passed up 3 out of 4 games this season (I saw the Indiana game). Not to mention I'm a SJU Redstorm fan!

no kidding. we have season tix too. If you are going to a game, give me a heads up and maybe we can grab a beer. (for civic center games anyway)

Grassi21

no kidding. we have season tix too. If you are going to a game, give me a heads up and maybe we can grab a beer. (for civic center games anyway)

he has tickets to the civic center and gamble. he usually invites me to the civc center games. i'll let you know.

cbcbd

I can't stand to watch UConn this year. Definitively not worth staying home for this year.

FRITOLAYGUY

U gave up tickets to see Jim hit 500 wins at Uconn? Ya they are bad this year, just goes to show you with them and the women just how spoiled u get from them going 30-4 every year.

2knees

U gave up tickets to see Jim hit 500 wins at Uconn? Ya they are bad this year, just goes to show you with them and the women just how spoiled u get from them going 30-4 every year.

bingo, which is why i said i was embarrassed. I feel like a total bandwagon fan. Which is not entirely true as i was going to games in the old fieldhouse when corny thompson was playing. I sat through all the seasons with Dom Perno and the Earl Kelley fiasco. I've paid my dues but somewhere along the line i got spoiled.

cbcbd

It's easy to get spoiled... they do too. They just need another trip to the NIT like after 1999 to get back into the game. Plus, it doesn't help when you have a program that builds decent players (Uconn doesn't get the best of the best) and then they all exodus all at once and you have to rebuild some more.
Even though I don't like Duke, it's something you have to admire - the fact that many players stay for the whole 4 years.

KevinB

I wasnt really in love with the schedule this year, it left alot of teams I would like to see them play. I always have them on the TV in the background, but I'm not exactly spilling my beer rooting for them this year. I will be watching tonights game, I always like Uconn/cuse games.

SKIQUATTRO

i grew up in CT, cannont stomach UCONN, nor have i ever, cant stand the team and the way CT idolizes them (i guess its all that CT has now--buy buy Whalers!!!) grown men walking around with UCONN jackets/sweatshirts etc.....dont get me started on that rant....

I graduated Villanova '95...so i kinda root for them if they are on.....

2knees

i grew up in CT, cannont stomach UCONN, nor have i ever, cant stand the team and the way CT idolizes them (i guess its all that CT has now--buy buy Whalers!!!) grown men walking around with UCONN jackets/sweatshirts etc.....dont get me started on that rant....

I graduated Villanova '95...so i kinda root for them if they are on.....

this cracked me up. Its so true. I love uconn, yes, but the way they were treated throughout the 90's was ridiculous. It was like uconn everywhere all the time. kind of nauseating. Its not so bad anymore but it does make the fans look a little foolish. Having no pro sports certainly adds to it. Hell, when you throw the hysteria generated by the womens program also, it just makes me shake my head.

KevinB

lmao, I was on campus back in 99 for the big one, been a fan since I was a kid, whaler fan too, but I never understood the wierdos with no connection whatsoever to the school making the drive to campus to see games at gampel. Sad thing is those old men dressed in full uconn regalia are ladydog fans, the mens game apparently is too fast for them and doesnt involve enough teamwork. They must get the early bird special at kathy johns and then head to the game. 2knees dont forget we have the CTsun, thats a pro team right?:razz:

FRITOLAYGUY

Well i dont idolize Uconn but i have a few tshirts and a pullover, i mean i do live here and they are CT now since there are no professional teams.. They are in big trouble this year, they need 20wins or they will not make the tournament. This is how far Uconn has come since i guess Cliff Robinson or so.. If u took some of their players currently in the NBA ill go with Gordon and Allen for Guards, Okafor in the middle and say Rudy Gay and Hamilton even though hes too small for forwards , then Butler, Villanueva, Boone and a few other guys on the bench, this team would probably beat all of the Eastern teams and contend for a championship, and im sure they would hang out west, the program really has come a long long way, i think the best 3 programs are now Duke, NC, and Uconn.

FRITOLAYGUY

Actually Uconn now that ive done some research represents more players in the NBA in 2007 on teams payrolls than any other college team now thats amazing.
Uconn-14
Duke-13
Carolina-12
Arizona-10
Ucla-10

cbcbd

lmao, I was on campus back in 99 for the big one, been a fan since I was a kid, whaler fan too, but I never understood the wierdos with no connection whatsoever to the school making the drive to campus to see games at gampel. Sad thing is those old men dressed in full uconn regalia are ladydog fans, the mens game apparently is too fast for them and doesnt involve enough teamwork. They must get the early bird special at kathy johns and then head to the game. 2knees dont forget we have the CTsun, thats a pro team right?:razz:
Lol, I know the type you're talking about. Old CT folks seem to love the CT women - they're the G-rated version of CT basketball (no drug problems, stealing PCs, etc).

I was also at UConn in 99... went down to the Final Four... good times ;)

ccorces1

really? that is crazy, who are the 14 players? i feel like duke and unc should have more than uconn

2knees

i'll take a stab at it. without looking it up. you'll have to trust me on that. lol

Ray Allen
Rip hamilton
emeka okafor
ben gordon
kevin ollie
jake voskuhl
marcus williams
josh boone
Caron butler
donyell marshall
cliff robinson
charlie villanueava
rudy gay
and i'll guess Hilton Armstrong for 14. but i think he got cut.

FRITOLAYGUY

i'll take a stab at it. without looking it up. you'll have to trust me on that. lol

Ray Allen
Rip hamilton
emeka okafor
ben gordon
kevin ollie
jake voskuhl
marcus williams
josh boone
Caron butler
donyell marshall
cliff robinson
charlie villanueava
rudy gay
and i'll guess Hilton Armstrong for 14. but i think he got cut.

I didnt look it up but i think you are correct.

nelsapbm

I'm a season ticket holder for UVM. We're not the ACC or the Big East, but we have a pretty decent basketball team for our league. We're 9-1 in the league and also have a couple big non-conference wins this season (BC). We don't have the team we did 2 years ago when we beat 'cuse, but we have a good shot at the dance again this year. It's all fun 'cause we don't expect them to go far.