• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 Manitoba Mauler

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any reports from the Cats? I've got a buddy who lives out near the Tapanzee. Not even 2" at his place right now and it's essentially stopped snowing.

gladerider

I'm with you! I don't want 2 feet of snow in my backyard. The sooner I can get out, the sooner I can get skiing and it looks like the Cats are going to make out all right on this one. Will have to see how driving is as to whether I head up Wednesday or Thursday. Have a reservation up there for Wed and Thursday nights. Supposed to get some additional snow up there on Thursday and Friday so even if they only see 6-10" tonight there will be more on the way.

I'm just glad it's cold, the snow is fluffy and it doesn't look like we're getting a January thaw. Good trend going into February. :snow:

+1

i call snow in my yard the 'useless kind'

Rowsdower

Any reports from the Cats? I've got a buddy who lives out near the Tapanzee. Not even 2" at his place right now and it's essentially stopped snowing.

We're waiting for precipitation to push back on shore. It's supposed to overnight, but who knows now. It had stopped here in Jersey but its started again, so its probably a matter of time, but overall accumulations are looking to be on the lighter side.

Wavewheeler

+1

i call snow in my yard the 'useless kind'

Exactly! It disrupts my works schedule, which disrupts my ski schedule. :( Not good.

I came home at 9:30 pm and there was an inch of two of snow on the ground. It's midnight now and my truck isn't even covered. I'm seriously doubting that 2 feet they forecast. Hope it went someplace good.

jrmagic

I'm about 6 miles due east of the Tappan Zee bridge and it's been pretty much the same here. A friend of mine 6- 7 miles due east of me has a lot more. Pretty wild how sharp the western cutoff has been so far but it seems to be marching west so I'm expecting the dry air to cave rapidly here.

Last edited:

catsup948

I shouldn't say trending toward bust. This storm is slower evolving right now. I hope I wake up to at least 6 inches and heavy heavy snow. Well see.

Tin

You will get some better rates.

attachment.php

This storm is about to go berserk!

This.....just started really stacking and slowing.

Really wild in Providence. Blowing 35 but the gusts are really picking up now. Been snowing hard since about 9pm. No idea about how much has fallen because of the wind. Bare spots then 2' drifts in the driveway.

Edd

I'm in the North Conway area. It is snowing but just a dusting at this point.

wa-loaf

I've got close to 2 feet out there right now. Chest deep on my Husky at any rate.