• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 Manitoba Mauler

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Well this picture is certainly good news. I guess this means the storm closed off after I went to be and stopped heading east if their expecting banding (worthy of putting on a map) all the way back to Malone. Perhaps or is not lost.

Or perhaps this is just NWS being goofy and Malone will only see 2"?

BG, I've a weather station on my house, and the wind is blowing solid from the east - southeast. I'm sure you've looked at the radar, it's blowing it westward. People are used to seeing storms from the W-SW-NW, so it's a little counter-intuitive this time. Maine is getting pounded btw.

BenedictGomez

BG, I've a weather station on my house, and the wind is blowing solid from the east - southeast. I'm sure you've looked at the radar, it's blowing it westward. People are used to seeing storms from the W-SW-NW, so it's a little counter-intuitive this time. Maine is getting pounded btw.

I havent. I just woke up at home because my office was closed from the snowpocalypse caused by the 3" of "dread & doom" I received. Will look now. Liking the way that sounds...

Rowsdower

Sadly, this is the type of storm that only adds to lift lines, not quality of conditions.

But I'm sure it's 3-4 inches of "epic pow-pow" man. You "need to get here", because "the skiing is going to be great"(5 exclamation points)!!!!!

Their site just said "several inches" and that the mountain was in great shape, or something like that. People can look at the webcams and see its not a whole lot.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Here's my front yard the picket fence is 3 feet tall.

attachment.php

I need you to retake this picture every 3 hours throughout the day! :)

Looking at the Intellicast radar loop and the area just SE of Worchester, MA looks like it is getting absolutely hammered.

BenedictGomez

Their site just said "several inches" and that the mountain was in great shape, or something like that. People can look at the webcams and see its not a whole lot.

Yeah, that's another Camelback tactic. Don't give a quantitative snow report if it underperforms.

BenedictGomez

Here's one updated map on what to expect from JB's son. Most actual mets aren't putting out maps this morning (gee, I wonder why). Hopefully elevation will improve these numbers.

EDIT: nevermind, that's not been updated

catsup948

Big silver lining on this one for me is that on Friday I wasn't expecting this one to come north at all. So getting some snow is nice, helps build the pack. Friday's clipper could drop 3-6 inches. Next Monday looks like a larger swfe which really can produce here up through nne.

Edd

After much discussion, the wind hold possibilities sent us to BW. Just arrived and the lifts are spinning. They've easily gotten a couple of inches and its full on blizzard here.

I'm seeing wind holds at Gunstock and Loon on Twitter. It hurt to drive by Attitash. I bet that'll be fun tomorrow.

4aprice

I bet the skiing there is pretty good. The base is down and any snow is a surface refresher. May head up tomorrow or Thursday for short session. There's rumor of another shot of snow Friday and I will definitely be there over the weekend (with camara) and will report. Hope they let Uncle Bills bump up again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Abominable

Nice work Edd, enjoy! Catsup, looking forward to your end of day report on snow totals. Still considering taking day off tomorrow and hitting either BEast, which is open today, or the big Cat, which is not, and therefore may be fun for first tracks (and closer....)

Not too much to report from just north of White Plains, call it 4" but still snowing consistently at 11 a.m.

Tin

Nice work Edd, enjoy! Catsup, looking forward to your end of day report on snow totals. Still considering taking day off tomorrow and hitting either BEast, which is open today, or the big Cat, which is not, and therefore may be fun for first tracks (and closer....)

Not too much to report from just north of White Plains, call it 4" but still snowing consistently at 11 a.m.

Still on the fence as well. Nice to see they got almost everything open on that 3".

catsup948

This might be the end for me. I bet we got 5 inches! Story of this winter here. Nickle and dime. Berkshire East probably will ski very well today and tomorrow. I have a stomach bug now and I'm not sure I will ski.

Wavewheeler

Total bust in NJ. Maybe 6". Belleayre showing 3". Hunter 4-5".

Not if you live at the Shore. We got a 7-9". I'm happy that's it' not 3', which was predicted. I'll shovel out easily and go up and enjoy that 4-5" of fresh at Hunter. More is forecast to come while up there so I'm content.

Last edited: