• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 Manitoba Mauler

WJenness

Getting hammered here in Lowell, MA... we've been under that heavy band for a while now.

Crotched, Nashoba, and WaWa might be the big winners on this storm.

Bene288

At least a foot in Southeastern Mass. Mail boxes are close to being covered from the drifts.

mlctvt

I woke up to at least 18-20 maybe over 24" inches of snow in my yard. Can't measure really due to the drifts. It's still coming down hard too. My 3 foot tall picket fence is barely sticking out of the snow and some of my windows have snow a good foot up them and they are about 3-4 feet off the ground!

This sucks because I'm in south central Ct and where I ski every weekend , Mount Snow is only reporting 2-3 inches. WTF the forecast really blew it up there, where's the 18"+ we were supposed to get??
More snow where we don't need it and none where we do!!

Here's my front yard the picket fence is 3 feet tall.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00437.jpg
    DSC00437.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty epic swing and miss for NYC eh? Shut the city that never sleeps down at 11PM for what? 3-4" there? I'd imagine 99% of the residents there are happy with the outcome even if they had to go home last night for no reason.

I'd guess there is 12-15" here in Cromwell, CT. Difficult to tell with all the drifting. Still snowing and pretty windy out, but doesn't seem like a travel ban is needed.

xwhaler

Easily able to maintain 45 mph in 4x4 on 93 and 89 on way to Pats. Parts of highway blown down to pavement

MommaBear

This sucks because I'm in south central Ct and where I ski every weekend , Mount Snow is only reporting 2-3 inches. WTF the forecast really blew it up there, where's the 18"+ we were supposed to get??
More snow where we don't need it and none where we do!!

Currently about 3 inches on the ground here in West Dover, but it is snowing hard (the fine, rain looking kind). Supposed to continue thru the day. But all upper mountain lifts are on wind hold.

VTKilarney

This storm is the perfect example of how snow in the metro areas impacts the mentality of people thinking about making a trip to ski country. The reality is that this storm is nothing major for 95% of ski country. It's good, but it's not at all epic. Looking at Burke, the NWS has downgraded their forecast to 3-6 inches from a previous 4-8. Every little bit helps, but this is not a huge game changer.

The good news is that these storms can definitely add up as long as we avoid a thaw.

catsup948

Were finally getting decent banding here. Moderate snow fall. There may be better bands coming through. Everything keeps getting broken up before it makes it here.

BenedictGomez

This storm is the perfect example of how snow in the metro areas impacts the mentality of people thinking about making a trip to ski country.

Sadly, this is the type of storm that only adds to lift lines, not quality of conditions.

Looks like Camelback got ~3-4 inches.

But I'm sure it's 3-4 inches of "epic pow-pow" man. You "need to get here", because "the skiing is going to be great"(5 exclamation points)!!!!!

wtcobb

This storm is the perfect example of how snow in the metro areas impacts the mentality of people thinking about making a trip to ski country. The reality is that this storm is nothing major for 95% of ski country.

Very true, but hopefully that mentality will help boost numbers for the year. Areas this year (at least in NH, but I imagine across the board) have been killed this season. It's been a rough winter so far - having no snow south doesn't motivate travel north to the ski areas.

BenedictGomez

Well this picture is certainly good news. I guess this means the storm closed off after I went to be and stopped heading east if their expecting banding (worthy of putting on a map) all the way back to Malone. Perhaps or is not lost.

Or perhaps this is just NWS being goofy and Malone will only see 2"?