• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Santa Claus

Terry

I was skiing at Shawnee Peak today and just got off the lift when a little girl about knee high skied up in frt of me and stopped and just stared up at me. Finally in a cute little voice I heard her ask "Are you really Santa Claus?" I said of course I am. She said "I didn't know you skied." I told her that I decided to take a vacation after christmas and go skiing. I got a wide eyed look and she said WOW! She thought for a minute and then asked if I brought her the scooter for her. I said I did and hoped that she was enjoying it. Then she asked if rudolph got the carrots the she had left out for him? About this time the girls mother skied up and said come on Hannah lets go and stop bothering this man. They skied off and I thought that was the end of that and skied off. Later, I was at midstation and she skied up to me again and stopped to stare. I said hi Hannah how are you doing? and her eyes got huge. How did you know my name? Santa knows everybodies names I said and she skied off. This made my day!!! And I hope it made hers as well!

JDMRoma

That's great story ! You'll both remember it for years

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ironhippy

now you can't be seen by that girl before Christmas, she'll call you out for not making her present!

great story

Cornhead

Sanity Clause: http://youtu.be/KS2khYJZKwA
There was a guy who played Santa in local TV commercials, he was a regular where I tended bar, he would come dressed in costume on a Saturday prior to Christmas and pose for photos with kiddies at the bar. I suppose skiing is a more wholesome activity for kids to associate with Santa than hanging out in a beer garden. In Santa's defense, he was only at the bar on Saturday afternoons, not one of the usual regulars being tossed at 3:30 AM. You don't have to go to the North Pole, but you can't stay here.

Glenn

What a cool story! She'll remember that encounter for a long time.

C-Rex

That's a great story. I just read it to my mom and she got a big kick out of it.

I was told there's a travel ban in CT starting at 9 tonight. Debating whether to go up and get a hotel tonight. But then I worry the lifts won't run tomorrow. What to do, what to do...?

legalskier

I was told there's a travel ban in CT starting at 9 tonight. Debating whether to go up and get a hotel tonight. But then I worry the lifts won't run tomorrow. What to do, what to do...?

Is that a subtle way of asking Santa to fly you up there in his sled?