• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's blowing off work on Wednesday?

frapcap

Starting to think Crotched is the place to go for this one. They'll get into some deep bands this afternoon and evening. Skis are loaded up in the car, driveway is cleared, ready to rock and roll once the travel ban lifts for Southeast MA.

Its still coming down like crazy here, but they're guessing it'll taper off around 8pm. Hopefully by the time I leave at 5, travel will be permitted and we'll be good to go!

castleman003

I wish but i can't leave my 2 kids at home with my wife alone in case the power goes out. looks like there should be plenty of snow for a while though

xwhaler

Yep. After some awesome storm day turns at Pats today im taking my talents to Ragged tomorrow

shpride

Anyone know if there is cell service at Bolton Valley? May try and hit it up for awhile tomorrow morning but I have to be accessible for work.

Angus

recollection is there is a cell tower on top of one of ridges at ski aera but it might be a microwave link. just googled and saw an article from '06 that unicel has coverage...that would be tmobile, at&t technology. hold on, the VT properties were purchased by AT&T. guessing tower is owned by one of the big wireless leasing cos. if at&t is there, then verizon is probably there too! but no guarantees.

JDMRoma

No work for tomorrow :) So the question is... Where to go? Crotched? Gunstock? Ragged? Berkshire East? Magic? K-Mart? Who will have the most snow?

Playing the same game, thinking Sunappee or Cannon though.......

dmw

I'm spinning thru a Wawa, Crotch, Sunapee, Ragged conundrum.

JDMRoma

Killington is only reporting 4 new as of 4pm, but 3 or 4 last Sunday made it Freakin Fantastic !

Sunapee is a 2 fer day.....12 reported by 4pm.....

H2ofowlerNH

I'm thinking Sunapee or Cannon, 2fer at Sunapee but that hill is a bit lame in the glade area compared to Cannon which could easily pick up more snow overnight, they were reporting 6" at 4pm. I want to be in the trees all day every day. I have to be in Concord 1st thing in the morning so I'll have time to check the reports b4 choosing.

shpride

recollection is there is a cell tower on top of one of ridges at ski aera but it might be a microwave link. just googled and saw an article from '06 that unicel has coverage...that would be tmobile, at&t technology. hold on, the VT properties were purchased by AT&T. guessing tower is owned by one of the big wireless leasing cos. if at&t is there, then verizon is probably there too! but no guarantees.
Thank you! I have AT&T so hopefully will be good. If not it's not the end of the world.