• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's blowing off work on Wednesday?

Bene288

What is the BEST option for Wednesday coming from Boston ? Haven't got out much this season and would like to make the best of this one.

Wavewheeler

Heading to Hunter tomorrow for skiing Thursday and Friday..they got around 6" but more is on the way and with $33 for mid week lift tickets it'll be sweet. :daffy:

Bene288

Not all that familiar with Boston area skiing yet, is Crotched a nice place on a fresh snow day? It wouldn't be out of the question to go to Maine either.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sunapee and Crotched will both be groomed out. Crotched has great trees, Sunapee better trails.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shawnee Peak, ME is claiming 16". I really dig it there, but I'm not sure what they leave after a storm.

If tomorrow was Thursday, I'd be all over Mount Abram, ME

splunge

Shawnee Peak, ME is claiming 16". I really dig it there, but I'm not sure what they leave after a storm.

If tomorrow was Thursday, I'd be all over Mount Abram, ME

Iirc Shawnee doesn't do a lot of forming when they haven't had a storm in weeks, so probably less after a storm. I'm not totally sure, but pretty roughed up trails is what I remember from my last couple times. We used to rent a house in nearby Bridgeton. I wish we still did

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

What is mount Sunapee all about?

It's probably too late, but I would choose Sunapee over crotched for today. I skied Sunapee a few weeks ago, and there was a deeper base in the woods. I skied pats yesterday (close to pats with presumably a similar base) and hit several rocks when I ventured off trail. Sunapee also has a few seeded bump runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Headed to Cannon! Have morning meeting then I am there. Happen to work about 20 minutes from there.

Stephanie

Headed to Cannon! Have morning meeting then I am there. Happen to work about 20 minutes from there.

Hmmm....seriously considering breaking that "no skiing this year" order and following you there...only working this AM too and this snow is just too good to pass up!!

Glenn

Hindsight 20/20....

We lucked out. We headed back to CT late Monday AM. Looks like most of SoVT ended up with about 6" of snow and most lifts Tuesday were on windhold.

prsboogie

Hmmm....seriously considering breaking that "no skiing this year" order and following you there...only working this AM too and this snow is just too good to pass up!!

Who gave you a no ski order, they need to be hurt, bad!!! 😦