• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moosilauke - 5/30/04

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Date(s) Hiked: 5/30/2004

Trails(s) Hiked: Glen Cliff , Carriage Road

Total Distance: 6.8

Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult

Conditions: Dry

Special Required Equipment: None

Trip Report: Great Day! About 55 degrees at the bottom with 25 mph winds and no bugs. Trails were dry except for the stream crossings which were not bad at all for this time of year. About 40 degrees right below south peak with 35 mph winds. Meaning a near 30 degree wind chill. A little chilly but not bad.

Nice day over all, with great views!

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
It was not overly busy, the lot at the bottom of glen cliff was full, but on the way up and down I probably only saw 10 people in total. It did not seem very busy for a memorial day weekend!

M

mryan

great hike, moosilauke is a favorite among many people. the last time i hiked it, two years ago, was one of the best hikes i have ever done. the day was so clear, it seemed as if i could see into the adirondacks. ok, maybe not that fat, but far.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Thanks, Ya it is a great hike! I would really like to ski it sometime next winter. I think it would be a fun ski, especially with lots of snow!

porter

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Mr. Metsky knows just about every square inch of Moosilauke, hiking or skiing. I know he's out of town this weekend but he'll be the person to ping about skiing it in the winter.