• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hamlin Conservation Area - Meredith NH

Mike P.

Date(s) Hiked: 02-02-2007

Trails(s) Hiked: Yellow Trail to Crockett's Ledge

Total Distance: 2.7 miles 450 feet elevation gain

Difficulty: Pretty easy,

Conditions: a couple of inches of snow, now a few more

Special Required Equipment: Stabliciers might be useful but bare boots were not too bad as long as you descended just off the beaten path so your heels bit into the snow.

Trip Report: I had a hour or two to kill before dinner in Intervale with my in-laws & wanted a place to hike. A long time Internet friend was the person responsible for building & maintaining these trails & they were on my way across NH so I checked it out. See www.meredithnh.org for details in the Park & Rec section. The roads take a little to navigate but it's only about five miles or so off Route 104 (& five miles off Route 93). Trails are well signed & easy to follow, several options for hikes of different lengths. Property was formerly owned by a doctor who retired to Florida & gave the land to the town. View from Crockett's Ledge overlooks Wicas Lake & part of Winnisquam (I think) saw & heard a couple of snowmobiles on the lake below me, this would be a great fall hike with peak color.