• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday 2/2/2015

dlague

Snowing pretty good in Concord, NH. Looks like Maine, Norther VT and NH are seeing snow out of this one. Seems to be moving slow as well, so that is good.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Camelback is all snow again.

Dodged a bullet. Could have been much worse.

Good news ....South of Blue is plain carnage. 2" of Soup took almost 3 hrs to clear,
Snowblower chute clogged continuously and broke shear pins,
Had to do it by had , changed backed to snow so I things will ice up quick.

Abominable

Berkie reported 6" several hours ago and looking at the radar it has been dumping there since and will keep on so for into the late afternoon. I'm psyched for tomorrow.

Halfprice today as well (for Pats' win).

Sitting at work bummed. Had an idea of leaving early to hit up night skiing somewhere, but can't make that happen. Jealous!

Rowsdower

Good news ....South of Blue is plain carnage. 2" of Soup took almost 3 hrs to clear,
Snowblower chute clogged continuously and broke shear pins,
Had to do it by had , changed backed to snow so I things will ice up quick.

It looks like the line was razor thin as well. Camelback literally held the very southern edge of that line. Below Big Pocono Mountain, once you got off the plateau, was a few degrees warmer and everything turned to soup. Their website is claiming 11 inches. I'd call it about 8, and its probably quite dense. Still, far better than it could have been if the storm tracked just 10 miles further north.

Oh, and I should correct myself from earlier: Piscataway wasn't rain, it was freezing rain. Surprised Rutgers is open considering how much worse the roads are compared to last Tuesday.

Powda

I'm just south of Albany. Not sure if the Catskills are getting hit like we are but we've easily got at least 13" so far and it's still dumping.

Tin

Halfprice today as well (for Pats' win).

Sitting at work bummed. Had an idea of leaving early to hit up night skiing somewhere, but can't make that happen. Jealous!

They're reporting 10" now, as is Stratton. Crotched is at 11". Maybe 12-18" isn't too far out there. Lots more on the radar to go.

4aprice

It looks like the line was razor thin as well. Camelback literally held the very southern edge of that line. Below Big Pocono Mountain, once you got off the plateau, was a few degrees warmer and everything turned to soup. Their website is claiming 11 inches. I'd call it about 8, and its probably quite dense. Still, far better than it could have been if the storm tracked just 10 miles further north.

Seen plenty of times where the turn on I-80 at Tannersville was the rain/snow line. Camelback's skiing base is 1200', Shawnee's summit around 1300', sometimes they fare better then their neighbors. Was 28 when I left the parking lot yesterday, 37 in the Gap. Be interesting to see if they get anything on the backside. We have changed back to snow here in NNJ.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

hammer

They're reporting 10" now, as is Stratton. Crotched is at 11". Maybe 12-18" isn't too far out there. Lots more on the radar to go.
I'm guessing the woods at Crotched are filled in nicely by now.

Feels colder out today then it did during last week's blizzard. Not looking forward to clearing the driveway.

Rowsdower

Seen plenty of times where the turn on I-80 at Tannersville was the rain/snow line. Camelback's skiing base is 1200', Shawnee's summit around 1300', sometimes they fare better then their neighbors. Was 28 when I left the parking lot yesterday, 37 in the Gap. Be interesting to see if they get anything on the backside. We have changed back to snow here in NNJ.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Looks like how it played out. Things are definitely different up at elevation on the plateau than below it. It's why I'd rather ride Camelback than Blue: the extra 1000ft of elevation can make a difference on days like this. Debating heading up tomorrow afternoon for a few runs or waiting until Wednesday.

BenedictGomez

Camelback literally held the very southern edge of that line. Below Big Pocono Mountain, once you got off the plateau, was a few degrees warmer and everything turned to soup. Their website is claiming 11 inches. I'd call it about 8, and its probably quite dense. Still, far better than it could have been if the storm tracked just 10 miles further north.

Shawnee reported 11", and they're truth-tellers, so I believe the 11" Camelback reported. It's certainly not "powder" though.

Quietman

They were fantastic Saturday.

I found some to be scraped off yesterday. The West Ledges proper were very rocky, down below was better, and taking the right turn before heading out to the ledges was also nicer. I just kept hitting 1-2" stumps and small rock tops that would fling one ski to the wrong side of a tree. Got a few sore spots today. The GOTD was Dark Star as lots of snow had blown off Satellite Summit into the woods creating some good drifting. Hidden Solstice also skied well nicely as did the new Final Frontier glades. The currently falling snow is so light and fluffy that while fun to ski in, won't really be a big base builder in the woods.

catsup948

Berkie reported 6" several hours ago and looking at the radar it has been dumping there since and will keep on so for into the late afternoon. I'm psyched for tomorrow.

Berkshire East was amazing today! Boot to knee deep everywhere. 15 inches give or take.

Cornhead

Platte powder-daze tomorrow. So anyone going?

FYI, Platty was rented out today, and from what I've gathered, the parking lot was quite full. I'm sure there's plenty o fresh still in the trees, but you might get sloppy seconds on the trails, Chowder Daize.

abc

FYI, Platty was rented out today, and from what I've gathered, the parking lot was quite full. I'm sure there's plenty o fresh still in the trees, but you might get sloppy seconds on the trails, Chowder Daize.
Good intel, cornhead!

Last edited: