• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday 2/2/2015

For the southern ski areas, it really all depends on where the energy transfer occurs. Could be the difference between 2" then rain or 8".

BenedictGomez

For the southern ski areas, it really all depends on where the energy transfer occurs. Could be the difference between 2" then rain or 8".

I have a bad feeling about my area getting screwed. HM just updated and now thinks the Pokes only get 3" to 4", maybe to 6".
12z Euro brings the snow way more into ski country, even Jay Peak would get 6" or 7" (and quite possibly more) if the below map verifies.

8fc9e14d7a70f1e24bea66d235a3d1fe

Tin

Everything has trended north. R/S line could be the Mass/CT border. Quite the cut off, 33* in one spot and 10* fifteen miles away. RI is already down to one lane streets, no trash pickup in many spots last week, and no sidewalks cleared, I don't mind if this one misses and hits SNH and SVT. They have not been hit really well this year before last week.

BenedictGomez

Looking better and better for the Cats and Vermont.

Niagara frontier and area on the southeast shore of Lake Ontario Could see 12-16 inches, while the higher elevations of the southern Greens, Berkshires, and Catskills could see amounts as high as 18 inches, in spots.

catsup948

Ripping snow here! Snow changing from fine sand to bigger flakes! 3 inches on the ground. Heading up to Berkshire East after lunch.

Rowsdower

Hard to tell from their webcams, but it looks like Camelback got at least 6-8 inches out of this with some mixing of sleet. No liquid precip which is what I was most worried about. It's basically all rain here in the flatlands.

hammer

Cold and fluffy snow here in the Merrimack Valley. Too bad, all it's doing for us is making it more difficult to get around.

My wife can't go into the office again, not that she wants to drive 20+ miles in a snowstorm but she's getting tired of having to take vacation days for this. Fortunately I can do work from home...

H2ofowlerNH

Its dumping in Keene NH we gotta have at least 7" on the ground already, this is awesome snow too. Think I'm headed to Stratton!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hard to tell from their webcams, but it looks like Camelback got at least 6-8 inches out of this with some mixing of sleet. No liquid precip which is what I was most worried about. It's basically all rain here in the flatlands.

Raining in Mt Pocono and 25 , weather guys saying stay home
I had 3" snow now 2" Slush , have to clean up before flash freeze

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Cold and fluffy snow here in the Merrimack Valley. Too bad, all it's doing for us is making it more difficult to get around.

My wife can't go into the office again, not that she wants to drive 20+ miles in a snowstorm but she's getting tired of having to take vacation days for this. Fortunately I can do work from home...

Still very cold up here for it to be snowing so hard (-6 this morning). Fairbanks weather guy confirmed what I was thinking that the flake size was going to be small due to conditions not favorable for crystal growth. This will keep total accumulation down a bit. Flakes are small but they are adding up. I'll take another 6".

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Boston burbs had about 4" at 7:30am this morning. I'm guessing we have about 6" by now. I gave up measuring. All I can say is "a lot". Much more interested in mountain accumulations now. Last weekend's skiing seems like such a bust compare to what's ahead. Can't wait!

4aprice

They got tinged. Overall a good base builder. 8 is believable, got 6 here. Skied well yesterday morning.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

About 60// miles south if Catskills just cleared off a foot and still snowing some people are out hopefully enjoy ing this snow.

Tin

Ripping snow here! Snow changing from fine sand to bigger flakes! 3 inches on the ground. Heading up to Berkshire East after lunch.

Berkie reported 6" several hours ago and looking at the radar it has been dumping there since and will keep on so for into the late afternoon. I'm psyched for tomorrow.