• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Monday 2/2/2015

Savemeasammy

50% chance of snow, but if it DOES snow they will get a boatload... LOL. What a joke...!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

catsup948

Yeah we need to wait on this one.... Will depend on the clipper, snowpack, phasing. There is much that can go right or wrong. SWFE look which may not be good for the 3 foot snowpack in eastern mass. Glacier time!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Models are reversed this time vs other recent storms. GFS has Monday's storm running through interior NE. Euro runs it out to sea clipping southern New England.

At any rate the gravy train is rollin. I haven't seen the "storm every 3 days" consistency like this in a long time.

Last edited:

Tin

Given how off the Euro was for this weeks blizzard I don't know which to view. Euro put it way too far west, NAM was all over the place and the GFS should be renamed "POS". Looking at things if the Euro is too west, and GFS is biased to the SE it would be great for most.
Who knows...(Just hope the CMC is way off)

catsup948

attachment.php
Canadian getting me back in the game! HAHA! I can't like this system too much right now because it's 5 days away!

Attachments

• cmc_snow_acc_neng_26_zps40c6c850.jpg
    cmc_snow_acc_neng_26_zps40c6c850.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 380

4aprice

attachment.php
Canadian getting me back in the game! HAHA! I can't like this system too much right now because it's 5 days away!

JB posted the 10 day Euro snow map over on twitter and it looks awfully similar. Lots of good times from the Pocono's north. Big change of heart on this board from 2 weeks ago.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Edit: My bad, It is the 00z 7 day GFS that JB posted and it looks similar.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
aaaaannnddd it's gone... :dontknow:

Noon run of Euro and GFS now both push Monday's storm offshore in VA.

Along with next Wednesday's storm. Is the Patriots line available after Sunday to do some blocking?

catsup948

aaaaannnddd it's gone... :dontknow:

Noon run of Euro and GFS now both push Monday's storm offshore in VA.

Along with next Wednesday's storm. Is the Patriots line available after Sunday to do some blocking?

Yup! Like I said, we can't get excited about something this far out.... Nickel and dime winter continues out here. Maybe this one comes back.