• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Game On at Sundown!

2knees

can't wait for next weekend. should be fun with the arctic air pouring back in next week. gotta get the edges sharpened this week...

Savemeasammy

Not this year.... the mogul specific crowd has not been out en masse

the Stairway has only gotten better by the day. Yes, the lines are mischievous, yes, i like it that way.

Gunny bumps wouldn't be out of the question if business demanded it. but to be perfectly honest with you guys, we don't see so many mogul skiers that we need two trails of bumps right now. there's only 4 expert trails at the mountain. a park, and bumps eat two.... so, yea...

can someone explain to me the fascination with seeded "course" style mogul trails? I've never understood why a perfect zipper-line run top to bottom would be attractive.... I've long preferred un groomed variable terrain / skier made moguls which is exactly what we have right now on the Staircase.

see you out there. It's 1pm and its soft.

Although I've never skied sundown, I will offer up my opinion... If bumps that are created naturally are fairly rhythmic, they are every bit as enjoyable as seeded bumps. In order for good bumps to set up, they need to be skied in by good skiers. I will use my local hill Pats Peak as an example. Last year the bumps on Hurricane set up on a mid week powder day when, IMO, there were good skiers on the hill (think powderhounds). The bumps set up fairly quickly, and they were pretty damn good for the rest of the season. This year they were skied in by the typical family crowd, and I find them to be pretty crappy. It's hard to find any rhythm anywhere... I will definitely ski elsewhere this spring when I'm looking for bumps...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2knees

previous-right.png

2knees

Comw on out for the bump comp. It's always fun. $1,000 to the winner always brings a crowd,